Chapter 1

Niyati's POV

"Bitch!!"

" I WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE HELL"

"Shoot her"

"Niyu!! Niyu!!"

"Wake up Niyu!!"

I got up almost screaming and started touching the surface with my hands only to find it soft instead of the rough stony one. It's not happening now, I told myself. It's over. It won't happen again.

Slowly my breathing started coming back to normal and I opened my eyes to look into the worried eyes of my sister.

" Are you alright? How come you have the same nightmare every night?"

How did you know it's the same one?"
My voice sounded like a kid who had been caught stealing candy. On a serious note, I was worried whether I talk while sleeping. How else can she know?

"So it is the same?"

Well she is smart. I was tongue tied. What was I supposed to say? It's not a nightmare but the most horrible memory of my life, and burden her with my sorrows? No way!!

"Of course it's the same one. Vampires and warewolves fighting is not an easy sight or dream to forget"

My sister may be smart but I'm smarter, and I know her love for supernaturals.

"What?? You call it a nightmare? If I have such a dream I would never want to wake up."

"Then why did you wake me up?"

" Oh you can go back to my loved ones if you want. But then don't scold me if you get late for work. It's already 8 o'clock."

"What the f.."

"Language!! Are you really my elder sister? I have to wake you up, prepare breakfast, keep your clothes ready. I even clean the house."

" Elder sisters are supposed to be addressed as Didi or Di. You can atleast call me Niyati. Who calls a person 10 years elder than you as Niyu?"

I chuckled internally looking at her facial expressions, which showed nothing but disgust . I am sure she must be pondering into possibilities as to how uncool Didi sounds.

" How about I call you Grandma instead?" she finally said after giving a serious thought.

" Then I will have to call you Aashika?"
Oh no. Looks like I got her. Yes!!

She hates to be called Aashika. It seems Aashika is a very uncool name for a fashion designer. So hardly anyone knew her real name.

She was about to say something when a handsome guy of her age came striding inside.
" Who is Aashika?"

"Shut up! It's Ashu!! Stop being a jerk, you know my name."
She looked really pissed now. I should escape before she eats me alive. I am sure Shikhar can handle her.

I was about to close the washroom door when I overheard
"Oh babes. Ashu or Aashika I love them both. You know you make them both sound hot."

Omg this man can really put the glacier on fire. No wonder they have been in a relationship for a long time. Ya sometimes I do get jealous of them, especially since I know I will never be able to have something like this ever again.

I closed the washroom door having no intention of seeing them get cosy. I had no issues with my sister having a boyfriend or them getting intimate. Ofcourse I knew they were very close. He practically lived with us. I sometimes wondered if his family even remembered his face. I was happy for her. It's just that, seeing them together reminded me of Him and the love we had, or could have had if not for.......No! Don't think about it. It's over!! OVER!! For him atleast.

I let the cold water fall on my face as tears rolled down my face. It's been ten years...ten years of last seeing him...ten years of last feeling his love...ten years of last being felt whole.

"Niyu hurry up. You are already late."

Ashu's voice got me out of my reverie and I literally finished my morning chores within ten minutes. What? I can be fast when I want to. Yesterday was Sunday so I had bath at night. I can totally avoid scrubbing myself today.

The moment I stepped out of bedroom the aroma of aloo parathas hit me. I had skipped dinner yesterday as Ashu and Shikhar were out. My stomach was grumbling now.

Sitting on the sofa I saw the usual sight in front of me. Shikhar wearing an apron and feeding Ashu with one hand, while holding a spatula in his other hand.

Well this was the other reason I never had an objection with Ashu being in a relationship with Shikhar. He was a good cook and he loved cooking for others.

Shikhar was feeding Ashu and trying to kiss her. Trying is the main word. She is a major foodie. Her concentration was only on food.

"Shikhar, weren't you two together the whole night? Atleast wait till I leave."

He looked as if someone had drained all the blood out of him. My sister on the other hand was looking confused.

"Why should I wait to eat till you leave? I am hungry. Here! there is enough for you too."
Ashu said while passing a plate of paratha into my hand.

Seriously? Is this the same girl who was questioning me, not so long ago, about who the real adult is?

I was really controlling my laughter while Shikhar was massaging the back of his neck looking at the floor. Poor guy.

I decided to put the poor guy out of misery. I just rolled the paratha, keeping the plate aside, I moved out of the house.

I could imagine Shikhar heaving a sigh of relief and couldn't stop laughing as I started descending the stairs.

I could never have a dull moment when I have these two in life.... right?

Who needs a companion when you have company of your loved ones... right?

I am right...I know I am...I don't need Him...I don't.... right?????