Chapter 57 Waking up

Niyati's POV

Heavy

Pain

Tired

I tried to open my eyes but the temptation to succumb back to sleep was too much. So that's what I did. I went back to sleep.

Next time when I woke up I still felt tired. The soft bed felt like a boon right now. I didn't feel like moving. My whole body felt heavy. Maybe I should sleep some more, but then I heard voices. They were close. I tried to open my eyes but it still felt like too much effort. After trying for sometime I gave up. I tried to listen to the voices with my eyes closed.

" Why the hell are you still here?"

" Really? I am the one who found her. You were too busy flirting to even check on her."

" Stay out of our lives. Just go and fucking report to your boss. Why the fuck are you still hanging around? I don't want her stressing because of you."

" Oh! So now I am the one who is stressing her! Didn't you hear what your own friend said? She used to have panic attacks before also. If my information is correct then it was YOU who harassed her. Even today she is in this state because of you."

I could clearly make out that one of the men was Shaurya. Who was the other one?

" So now you are Mr-know-it-all? Then enlighten me too as to how I put her in this state this time."
Shaurya clearly sounded sarcastic.

" You sure do not pay much attention. Haven't you noticed how down she has been ever since your Dr friend has shown up? For someone who barely gives a nod as acknowledgement to people, the special hugs given to only one can't be ignored"

I still can't recognise who the other person is. He definitely knows a lot about me. Shikhar? Arjun? No. I don't think it's either of them. I feel like I qhave heard this voice before. Who could it be? He is definitely standing up for me. Ideally I would have thought it's Ashu but the voice is definitely male. I need to get up to see what is going on. I am happy that the person has my best interests in mind but I don't like him blaming Shaurya. He isn't at fault. It was all my fault from the very beginning.

" Is this some new tactic of yours? If you think acting to be sympathetic will help you come closer to her, then you need to wait. The person you are trying to woo isn't awake. And your tricks don't work on me. So why all this fuckery?"

The other person laughed and continued

" I know I don't deserve her sympathy even. But then, do you? If she is in this state today it is only because you came into her life. Had it not been for your mother and you she would have been happy in her life. Deep down even you know it's the truth. Then why don't you just let her go and have mercy on her? You know your mother will never let you be with her. Then why haven't you let her go yet? Why is she still around you? Are you waiting for the day your mother loses her patience and decides to finish her off?"

"That's enough! I will never let anyone harm her."

" Really? Can you finish off your mother then? Do you have the guts to do what it takes to get rid of her?  It's either Niyati or your mother. You can't keep both in your life. Your mother won't let you! "

" Shut your trap!"

" Admit it you don't have the guts. Then man up and let her go. Let her find someone else. Let her move on."

" What the hell are you planning? Fuck! You want her, don't you? I am going to kill you."

" Yes I want her. Only an idiot wouldn't. But that's not why I am talking to you. You think if your mother knows about all this  she will spare me? If I cared about dying I wouldn't be talking to you. Right now I am more concerned about her than me dying. Believe it or not but I know everything and so I know YOU HAVE DAMAGED HER ENOUGH already. Let her go before it's too late."