Chapter 51 Conference

Really really sorry for delay in updating. I wasn't keeping well. Plus it's sleeping season so took a break. Not my fault!!
______________________________________

Niyati's POV ( continued)

The meeting was to start in half an hour in the conference room on this floor. No wonder the floor was swarming with employees when we came in. However the employees were intelligent enough to keep their distance from the boss's cabin.

Abhijay was busy taking some printouts. I was bored so I asked him if I could do something. He hesitated at first but then asked me to continue printing the departmental reports while he made some calls to arrange for IT setup and refreshments.

Time flew like anything as I made sets of printouts. Just as the cuckoo comes out, dot in time to announce the hour, Shaurya was out of his cabin to head to the meeting exactly on time. Mr Punctual!

Mr Punctual was walking towards the conference room as me and Abhijay followed. Why does this man have such long legs? He was literally sprinting. The weight of files in my hand and the shoes I was wearing weren't helping me speed up even if I tried to. By the time I had reached the conference room I was panting.

Entering the room I saw Shaurya sitting like a king at the end of the conference table. The table was full of mostly aged employees, must be the departmental heads. Another row of chairs behind them was also occupied with a relatively younger bunch carrying notepads and pens on their laps, secretaries probably. Abhijay was busy placing the printouts in front of the heads on the table.

I could feel everyone's gaze on me. They must be trying to figure out who the new recruit was.

Ignoring the stares I started placing the printouts on the table just as Abhijay was. I gave a polite smile to whoever was sitting on my way, as I continued with my work. My smile brightened as I saw Mr Desouza. As I was talking to him, his secretary, Chet also joined us. We had met when I went to the HR department the other day to hand over my signed contract.

Chet was originally from England, anyone could guess that from his blond hair and milky white skin. He had just joined the office recently after completing his studies. He was easy to talk to just as Mr Desouza. Both had that warm personality and a good sense of humour.

Chet was enquiring about my first day and how I was finding the job when my cell vibrated in my hand. Looking at the name of the person sending me the SMS I immediately opened it.

All it said was 'At your place NOW'

Oh for God's sake! Why does he need to msg when we are in the same room? And the conference hadn't even started. Why can't I socialize?

I couldn't just break the conversation with Chet abruptly, so I continued talking to him, ignoring the msg.

Then came the next msg 'NOW'

Seriously?? What is wrong with him? What does he expect me to do? Ignore them or run in-between the convention as if I am crazy?

Another msg " You have 1sec else…"

Else what? What can he do in a room full of people?

I msged back " else?"

" Else I will do what Yogi did in morning"

What? Is he crazy?

I somehow excused myself from Chet and occupied the seat behind Shaurya beside Abhijay. On the way however I peeked at him only to find him sitting with his hand covering his mouth. I was quite sure he was smirking.

This is ridiculous.

Thankfully Arjun entered and the conference started. Does Arjun always attend conferences? That's strange.