Chapter 53 Routine

Niyati's POV

Routine

That's what my life has become.

Get up, cook, go to the office, come back, cook, sleep and the same goes on and on.

Is it boring? No. Not at all. Doing the same part may be boring but what happens in-between is what makes the routine enjoyable.

I wouldn't trade anything for the life I am living right now. I may not have my dream job but I get to see my dream man everyday, what more can I ask for?

So weekdays consist of nonstop work and weekends are full of fun with all loved ones. Yes! Weekend meant Ashu, Shikhar, Arjun and Aasma coming over. Even Yogi has started looking forward to the weekends. Her reason being, to devour non veg dishes. I am vegetarian so I have no idea how to cook non veg nor can I tolerate the smell of it while it's been cooked. I don't mind sitting on the same table and eating with them though, as after cooking it doesn't smell so bad. So now Yogi and Shaurya get to eat non veg dishes cooked by Aasma. Even Ashu has started eating non veg after marriage. It's her choice, I have no issues with it as long as no one is forcing me to eat. So weekends had me eating simple khichadi, which for a change even I have started to like because Yogi never lets me make it otherwise, saying ' it's food for the sick'.

Not that my weekdays are boring but I always look forward to weekends to spend time with everyone. The only thing I hate is the mornings when Shaurya comes down after his workouts.

During weekdays, I always find Shaurya in his gym clothes but I don't know why the weekends make him exercise only in shorts. I mean it's his house and he can go all commando for all I care. But then why only on weekends when Ashu and Aasma make it a point to get up early and drool over him does he have to exercise without covering his upper body? And these two girls! They both are married and both their husbands are drool worthy. Yet they behave like teenagers.

Stupid girls!!

Why do I care? Let them drool as much as they want. It would be fun though when their husbands catch them doing it.

" Are you jealous?"
Yogi asked me once when I was scolding the girls.

"What? Why would I be jealous? It's just that…...ah just that...they are married and should behave like one."
I replied, rolling my eyes and left.

Me jealous!! No way!

" Hmm! I think, definitely jealous."
Said the man in his half uncovered, fit and toned and dripping and sexy……

No no I mean the man with a stupid smirk plastered on his face.

" Like I said before, I. Don't. Care"
My hands had rounded into fist and I was angry but I made it a point to emphasize on the last word to let him know I mean them.

Do I ?

Ya I do….I think.

" Well in that case I will carry on with this routine. "
Shaurya replied cockly.

" Routine? Seriously? I don't see you half naked everyday."
He was getting on my nerves.

What? He is spoiling my innocent sisters. I have every right to be angry.

He didn't say anything for a minute as if he was stunned by what I said.

What did I say?

" Sweetie, you could have just told me you want to see me like this everyday."

He winked and was gone before I could even process what he just said.

OMG

Idiot! Stupid! Donkey!

I am not going near the gym whenever he is there, ever ever ever again.
-------

I will soon be completing two months working for Shaurya now. Work is super hectic. I don't know how Abhijay had been handling it alone till now. He may not be a nice person but he is hard working and does his work with dedication. So even though I don't like him, I cannot but appreciate him for being a hard worker. It would be safe to say we have started to tolerate each other now.

One thing I have noticed is that Abhijay is always in a bad mood on Mondays. After a few weeks it wasn't hard to guess it must be because of a hangover. One day when he was massaging his head and was almost to the point of collapsing I made him some electrolytes water which he took after great inspection and drank it while eyeing me suspiciously till the last drop. However next Monday had him requesting me to make some again.

I guess it's safe to say that me and Abhijay get along now, as I haven't had any encounter with Shaurya's mother accusing me of stealing her sons. Also, we talk whenever required even if it's limited to just work. It's civil. He is also training me to handle the work without any pranks or any ill intentioned comment. Sometimes I do find him staring at me but only when he thinks I don't know. Must be to report back to Shaurya's mother.

As far as my secretaries group is concerned…..well somehow after my first lunch with them I never could make it again. I am always taken to some meeting away from the office which ends at lunchtime so me and Shaurya end up eating in some hotel or there is always some urgent work which Shaurya assigns me exactly when lunchtime is about to start and then we both end up having lunch after completing it. But I have become pretty close with Chet and Vaibhav, with whom I chat in a separate group now.

About me and Shaurya…….

I don't know what to say. Apart from pulling my leg here and there and office work we hardly talk. We try not to interact or interfere in each other's personal life as much as possible, knowing very well that once it starts it would be difficult to stop.  But I know he keeps tabs on what I do, especially what I eat. It's like he has made it his mission to feed me. Apart from having lunch with him, which as I mentioned earlier we always end up having together, dinner is the same, only difference is, it's at home with Yogi and her father.  He eyes my plate like a hawk and only starts eating after he is satisfied with the portion I have served myself.

One day I didn't feel like having anything as I was having stomach cramps because of my periods. I was resting and Yogi, understanding my condition, had ordered food from a hotel and left me alone to rest. Shaurya had a dinner meeting so I ended up falling asleep only to be woken up around 2 at night and fed soup, which I have no idea from where he had arranged at this ungodly hour, but it was really nice. Not only that, he ended up waking up his family doctor and forced me to take the medicines too. He didn't leave until I fell asleep, which was almost nearing dawn. I knew he had an urgent meeting in the morning, so I kept on pleading to rest, but he didn't budge. I knew he already had a busy and exhausting day with back to back meetings today also. Next day he fell asleep while we were having lunch, that too with the spoon in his hand. I had to move the plate before he fell on it. From that day onwards I have never skipped a meal. Even if my stomach is upset I eat something light and make sure he knows that I had my meal and medicine.

Just two months into the job and I have already gained five kilos. Though I am still underweight, but now, I look a lot healthier and my curves have started to fill up at the right places. I am not sure though if it's a good thing or not because Shaurya makes me change any dress which is body fitting, especially when Yogi makes absurd comments likes ' wow man the dress highlights your curves' or ' babe if I was a guy I wouldn't have left you for a second, you look that hot'.

Sometimes I think she comments purposely if she doesn't like what I wear. I swear I have seen her smirking and smiling like an idiot everytime Shaurya makes me change a dress that he deems inappropriate. 

Still I wish things remained the same forever. It's been long since I have been this happy.

Somehow, it maybe just my fear, but I feel like things are about to change. Will it be for good or bad? Only time will tell.