Chapter 34 Move on

Niyati's POV

My heart was beating at a crazy speed. What just happened? For a moment it was like everything was fine between us. It felt like old times.

Oh no! How could I slip like this? This may be the last time I see him and I am thinking of restarting something that ended a long time back.

I won't deny my heart wants it. Why wouldn't it. It's still crazily in love with him. But then my mind reminds me of the price Ashu was about to pay because of that love.

Today Shaurya saved the day. Tomorrow we may not be so lucky to escape without consequences. Who knows what he must have already agreed to in order to save us.

I have to get a grip on myself.

First thing I did was take deep breaths to calm my heart. I also wanted to savor his touch into my memory. Put it in a compartment of my brain so that I can feel his touch whenever I miss him.

Filling the glasses with water I took them out as everyone sat chatting and joking. This is how I always wanted it to be. For that I knew what I had to do. I had to avoid him.

Him and my heart.

Shaurya's POV

I could feel the change in her behavior when she came out. She didn't even look at me.

What the hell was I thinking? I had actually started to think that we may still have a chance. How could I be so stupid? Didn't I learn anything from today? I may have been able to save Shikhar's marriage but mother will never agree to let the CEO of Oberoi Group marry a simple girl. Who knows to what extent she would go now. Things in the past better stay there.

After lunch the rituals started. And yes she continued ignoring me. I didn't mind it at all. Infact I wanted that. But did she have to be at ease with that idiot Pandit? I still don't know his name and I don't even care to know. I just wanted him to complete his work and get the hell away from her. If she wanted to move on let her do it after I leave. Not right under my nose.

Soon the pheras started and Niyati was sobbing most of the time, not that I was looking at her. I was just looking at the couple getting married and she just happened to be part of the scene.

Because of Niyati even Ashu had started to sob. What is it with marriage and girls getting emotional?

At one point Niyati was crying so much that Shikhar stopped in-between the phera and threatened her that he will marry her too so that she can stay with them. He was awarded with slaps from both women. Well, not that he didn't deserve it but he did manage to help Niyati stop crying and that earned him my support.

Once the marriage was over Shikhar seemed to be in a hurry to move out but Ashu wasn't moving as she continued to cry embracing Niyati. Who was I to complain? Even I didn't feel like leaving. It was like I was about to leave something important behind.

Will this be the last time I see her so close?

Will we even be in a room ever again?

How many more years will it take to have her talk to me?

But time doesn't stop for anyone. All the rituals were done and it was time to leave.

Finally that idiot left. The rituals were long over but then he had stayed just to chat with everyone.

Ashu went to change while Shikhar went to check the decorations on the car. Since the secret of marriage was out he wanted to surprise Ashu with decorations. I think he was trying to stop her from crying which I doubted would work. I asked Arjun to accompany him as I didn't want to take any risk.