Chapter 52 Join the group

The minute the cabin door closed Niyati was softly slammed against it as two strong arms entrapped her in-between.

" Sh.."
She tried to speak but...

" Shoooo"
She was silenced as Shaurya kept his finger on her lips.

There was nothing harsh about his touch to show that he was angry or irritated. In fact the soft touch of his fingers on her lips sent a current through her which increased her heartbeat tenfold. Her breathing hitched further and her eyes popped out as soon as she realised how close Shaurya's face was to her's.

Caught in the moment he made no attempt to remove his finger. He couldn't.

She could have squatted his hand or moved her head but she couldn't move either.

The only noise in the otherwise silent room was that of their heartbeats which were pounding inside.

The moment broke when his cell rang, disrupting their silence.

Shaurya removed his finger but made no attempt to move or create any distance between them. He still had her entrapped between himself and the door.

" Wh...what do you want? Let me go."
Though she stammered at first she took a deep breath and somehow managed to complete the sentence.

" No! You were smiling when you were surrounded by those boy scouts. Why is it bothering you now?"

" Please! Why are you behaving like this?"

" So I am the one who is wrong to behave like this? But those idiots who talked rubbish about you are right?"

" Shaurya, please calm down. They didn't mean anything they said. They were just trying to irritate Abhijay. You also said so in the meeting. They apologized and even said that it had nothing to do with the fact that I am a woman. They would have done it even if a man was hired in my place. So just let it go. Plus, most of them were thinking of calling me Sis."

As Niyati tried to placate Shaurya she subconsciously placed her hands on his chest.

" Fine! What about that blonde idiot? Why the hell was he getting too friendly?"

Shaurya's one hand was now holding Niyati's hand which was on his chest as his fingers absent-mindedly stroked it. His other hand was still placed on the door behind her, in case she tried to leave.

" You do realise that we graduated from college years ago and that people can see our age too, right? Chet is just a kid. Are you going to react this way whenever a guy will talk to me? That too when there is no reason for it?"

" You have no idea how you are looking. Plus now-a-days guys don't care about the age difference. You are too innocent to understand that."

" Shaurya, I can take care of myself. Just because I made one mistake does not mean that I will keep on repeating it."

" This has nothing to do with the past. I just don't like it when someone else looks at you or gets so close to you when......when I can't. Above all, you looking so damn hot isn't helping either."

Niyati couldn't help averting her eyes from his. A small smile along with a blush which she was trying hard to control donned over her face.

Shaurya couldn't take his eyes off her. She was looking absolutely mesmerising. If anything, he wanted to hold her more close or move his fingers on those blushing cheeks, but he was scared to ruin the beautiful canvas that was already coloured in front of him. He just wanted to continue drowning in her beauty.

But when had their plans gone as per their wish?

Both jumped a little when Shaurya's intercom buzzed. Muttering curses under his breath he reluctantly headed towards his desk to answer the call.