Chapter 33 Chaos

Shaurya's POV

When the door of the room opened I was expecting a gloomy atmosphere but it was totally opposite of it. Everyone was smiling and looked in a good mood. Niyati included.

Then what I heard shook me completely.

"This time I won't ask for a water bottle. Promise. Marry me."

The pandit who was getting Shikhar married was holding Niyati's hand as he proposed to her.

Wtf!!

What shocked me more was that Niyati was still smiling. She didn't even try to remove her hand from his hold.

What the actual f***!!

"So the great enchantress traps one more. Too bad you will have to find someone else. She is dying today."

I heard my Mom's voice. I am sure she must be jumping with joy. But I couldn't take my eyes off the two hands holding each other.

Is she actually thinking of accepting the offer? Is she thinking of moving on? Has she already forgotten about us?

" What the hell are you talking about?"

Ashu screamed.

" Oh you see. Me and Shaurya came up with an agreement.

For one sister to get married the other one has to die.

Kill her!!"

I heard my mother perfectly and was about to react but what happened next froze me.

That man pushed Niyati behind himself as their hands continued to hold each other behind his back.

I think even Shikhar and Ashu ran to cover Niyati from my mother but their hands were still.....

There was chaos as everyone was shouting at once. I didn't care what the hell they were yelling or why. I couldn't understand a thing.

What the hell they meant to each other that he was ready to risk his life for her?

No one risks their own life at first meeting. So they must be well acquainted. That means she called him for this marriage as she trusted that he would keep it a secret. Since when did they know each other? How come none of my investigators reported it?

My eyes raised themselves and collided with Niyati's. She was looking at me as her eyes were trying to say something. I just stood numb not understanding anything. Then she silently moved her lips. It was but a whisper.

" Please do something."

She still trusts me to handle the matter then. And I was back to earth as I started hearing everyone calling me from all directions at once.

" Shaurya Shaurya! What the hell do you want me to do?"

That was Arjun yelling from my right as he continued to point his gun at the bodyguards who had raised theirs in the direction of......

Everyone.

Ya right they were all standing in front of Niyati as our mother was beaming in front of all.

" Shaurya bro why the hell are you tolerating this nonsense? Don't you care for her? Will you let this woman kill Niyati?"

That was Shikhar yelling from my front as he tried to shield everyone behind him.

Then Ashu spat with utmost disgust in her voice

" How could you agree to kill my sister? Don't you feel anything for her?"