Chapter 16

Shaurya's POV

Was Shikhar going to pay for my mistakes?

Does Niyati think that I planted Shikhar in her house?

How will my past affect Shikhar's relationship?

My head was storming with a lot of questions. Normally I wouldn't have worried. Shikhar is more than capable of taking care of himself. It was Niyati's reaction that was disturbing me.

It has been more than ten minutes that Niyati has been sitting on the floor since she heard the news that Shikhar is my brother. She hadn't come out of the shock of it yet.

Everytime I looked at her I got an urge to get up from my seat behind the desk and go wrap my arms around her. I wanted to assure her that everything would be fine. I won't let anything bad happen to her.

It's just an urge!!

If I fall for it, I would never be able to get the truth out of her. So here I am, just sitting duck, trying to avoid looking at her and to do so I am trying to engross myself in work. Key word is trying.

No matter how hard I try my eyes land on her and the temptation to reduce the distance is increasing every second.

Finally she moved. It felt like an eternity. I can see she is still disturbed. She had been thinking something, very very hard.

Should I tell her that Shikhar meeting her sister was pure coincidence? That I had no hand in it. If it's any consolation, even I was perplexed when I came to know about it.

I mean, what were the odds of Shikhar choosing the girl who was Niyati's sister out of millions out there.

I had doubts about Ashu, I won't lie. After all, Niyati had taken money from my mom, whatever may be the reason behind it. I had to confirm that her sister won't be repeating the history. So I had her background checked.

Once I was convinced that Ashu's intentions towards my brother were pure, I was genuinely happy for him. I could clearly see, or rather, make assessments from the reports I got from my men tailing them, that Shikhar was happy. I wouldn't want anything to jeopardize his relationship.

The only doubt I had was how would Shikhar or Ashu react when they will know about our ( mine and Niyati's) past. I know things would complicate. But I also know Niyati would never do something to hurt her sister.

The question today was, why was Niyati so disturbed with this information?

As Niyati stood up, she looked like she had seen a ghost. Lost in her thoughts, she started moving towards the cabin door.

Should I confront her? Should I clear her doubts about Shikhar?

Maybe not! Let Shikhar and Niyati handle it on their own. It's better that way. She may not even trust me.

" Don't forget our deal. Our night is pending."

I regretted the moment it came out of my mouth.

However there was hardly any reaction from Niyati. She just nodded her head a bit before stepping out of the cabin.

Is Shikhar going to pay for our past? What the hell has gotten Niyati so disturbed?

I have to let the things enfold themselves.

I tried to engross myself in work. I wasn't able to concentrate at all. I needed distraction. All these emotions had turned my mind into mush. I needed to fix it and bring back my constant companion.

Time to torcher my employees. I am sure they must be gossiping about the unknown girl in the cabin and more so, when she left looking like hell. Time to make them see hell.

I had just called in my secretary and was barking instructions at him when I got a call.

What the hell!! I ran. I had to get there. What the hell was going on?

I had never regretted having my office on the eighteenth floor as I did now. My private lift was also taking forever to come. Suddenly I saw the employees lift opening and I ran into it. The few employees which were inside ran out as if I had some disease.

I don't care about anything else. I have to get down before things go out of hand. This lift is taking forever. I should have taken the stairs.

Finally, the lift reached on the ground floor and I sprinted out like a mad man. I was halfway across the lobby when I saw guards and my hired investigators trying to pin Shikhar to the floor.

What the hell!!

I was still running towards him but I yelled

" Let him go. He is my brother."

The moment all the guards looked in my direction they left Shikhar and sprinted back.

I was still running towards Shikhar but he was quickly back on his feet and lunged forward. My view was blocked by the wall as I was still a few feet apart.

When I reached near Shikhar, the scene in front of me shocked me.

Shikhar was angry, in fact, his veins were popping out because of it. His hair and shirt all messed up giving indication of the struggle he had with the guards. What was shocking was that his hands were wrapped around Niyati's throat as he continued strangling her.

What the hell???

Niyati's face had turned white as she continued gasping for air and struggled to get away from Shikhar's hold. Her powerless hands were no match against Shikhar's hard ones which continued strangling her with all the force. She was sometimes hitting his hands and sometimes trying to open his hands wrapped around her throat. Every passing moment her actions were getting slower and slower.

Niyati wasn't looking good. Suddenly she stopped struggling, as she went more pale. Her hands plopped onto her sides, so did her head, backwards. Her body had stopped struggling. If she was standing it was only because of Shikhar's hold on her neck.

No! No! No!

" Niyati!! "