Chapter 11

Niyati's POV

Silence in the cabin wasn't exactly the comfortable one. He kept staring at me without saying a word. How did I know that? Oh, well, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get my eyes off him.

We were sharing a closed space after so long that I had forgotten how it felt when he was in front of me. I could actually feel his aura. He was just a few feet away from me. But the distance between us was much more. It wasn't the physical distance but the emotional one. It was all my fault. I was the selfish one because of which our relationship had ended and now again I had come to him for my selfish reasons. I had no other option just like last time.

He started walking. Bypassing his desk he kept walking towards me. I need a pacemaker. My heart had forgotten how to beat. When he was looking at me it had stopped beating and now that he was coming near, it was beating at such a speed that it must have pumped one weeks quota already. I had no idea what was happening to me. I had no control over myself. Infact even my mind had gone down a drain. It was debating the pros and cons of going and hugging him.

No Niyati. What the hell are you thinking. Stop!! You are here for Ashu.

Ashu.. Ashu...Ashu..

Closing my eyes I kept chanting Ashu's name in my mind. It actually worked. His thoughts were out of my mind and the reason for coming to meet him became a priority.

I was about to talk to him about Ashu, so I opened my eyes only to find him right in front of me. He was watching me intently standing right in front of me, his hands crossed across his chest.

That's it. I froze. I wanted to run into his arms like I did before. I wanted to move my hands into his hair like before. I wanted to keep my head on his chest and listen to his heart beats like before. Only problem was, the circumstances were nothing like before.

He wasn't mine anymore. Though he was looking at me now, the love that used to be evident wasn't there anymore.

Niyati get a grip. You don't have much time left. Ashu needs you. Snap out of your love saga. How much more selfish can you be.

Taking a deep breath I finally decided to talk.

" I...I...need your help."

He didn't react for some time. Then he shook his head and gave a one side forced smile saying
" Ofcourse"

He started walking around me slowly, encircling me, as if he was analyzing me. I was getting nervous now. What was he planning? He looked like a fox who was analyzing his prey. Is he going to kill me?

Once his circle was completed he stopped right in front of me, but very close. He kept bringing his face closer to mine.

I could hardly breathe. What was he doing? Is he going to force himself upon me? No no he won't. He can't...he won't...he would never stoop so low... right?

His face was so near mine that I could feel his warm breath on my face. He tilted his face a bit and there was hardly any space left between our lips. I clutched my dress between my hands breathing deeply. He kept bringing his lips closer and closer to mine.

His lips brushed mine slightly and then he tilted his head further near my neck and sniffed me.

What just happened? Did he just sniff me like some dog? I just stood confused not understanding how to react.

" I thought your sister earns enough to buy soaps for both of you. "

He was crunching his nose as if I was stinking like garbage.

So he knows that I don't earn anything. Ofcourse he knows, he himself made sure of that.

" Doesn't she have any discarded clothes to lend you?"

He actually said that while giving a suppressed chuckle while eyeing me from top to bottom.

My sister has been kidnapped. What was I supposed to do? Waste time having bath and look for clothes in her closet before coming here? And I always sleep in the same clothes that I wear during the day. They may look old because they have worn out over the years, but they are still presentable, just faded.

I didn't reply. I was used to being judged for not being presentable. My eagerness to look good died the day he threw me out of his life refusing to look at me. Who was I supposed to look presentable for?

Niyati you are side tracking again. Get your train on track else you would never reach Ashu's station.

Ok! I am going to focus now. Shit why couldn't this have been some other day? Why couldn't we meet when Ashu wasn't kidnapped? Focus! Focus! Damn it's so hard when he is so close to me. Can I hold his hand atleast? Damn! Don't forget he hates you. Ya focus on hate. Right!

" I need to know where my sister is."

I finally managed to say after taking a deep breath.

He just kept looking at me. His face hardened a bit. Was he getting angry?

" What am I, your secretary to look after your sister?"

He was definitely angry.

" Ashu was kidnapped in the morning. Your men always keep an eye on me. I was at home only. So maybe they must have seen something. Please.. please let me know if you know anything. I have no idea where they have taken her or what they may be doing to her. I am begging, please tell me if you know anything."

I was a sobbing mess when I finished talking. I cried for some time, then wiped my tears composing myself. I have to be strong for Ashu. I raised my head to look at him.

He was watching me with unreadable expressions. I had no idea what to make of it. Was he going to help me or not?

" What will I get if I give you any information?"

Why was he asking me this? Was he serious? I had nothing to give him. He knew that very well.

" Whatever you want. Whatever you ask."

I don't care what it takes to keep my Ashu safe. I would do it.

" Are you sure? Anything?"

He asked while watching me intently.

" Yes! Anything you want. Please. Just tell me."

I said quickly. There was nothing to think about. I had no other option. I am ready to do anything for even a small piece of information about Ashu.

" One night with me."

My eyes widened on his request. W..what?..h... how? He wants me to sl… with him. I couldn't even think about it. How was I supposed to do it?

" It's just a one night stand. Why are you making a fuss out of it?"