Chapter 10

Niyati's POV

I had no idea how long I had been sitting in this huge, posh and deserted reception area. Must have been an hour or two may be.

His secretary was running in and out of the cabin continuously. The moment he would come out and sit, the phone would ring and he would run to the cabin again. His nervousness was clearly evident.

Occasionally someone else would come carrying a file in hand, give a half nervous smile to the secretary while entering the cabin. After five minutes the result was the same. I would hear a loud voice from the cabin. Then the sound of papers being thrown, followed by the person inside coming out almost running with his or her head down about to crumble anytime.

I just sat on the sofa biting my nails and shaking my legs continuously. I knew my fate was going to be the same as any person who entered that cabin. But the anticipation of seeing him after so long was excitingly nerve racking. Ten years. That's how long it had been since I had seen him last. 

I must be a very bad sister. My sister is kidnapped and here I am thinking about Him. The thought of being in the same space with him was giving me goosebumps. How would he react? Same as with the others? Will he throw a file on my face or call the security guards to throw me out? No! I have to do anything to know the whereabouts of Ashu. Concentrate! Just focus on Ashu.

Thinking about Ashu brought the scary feeling in my stomach again. What if they harm her? Would they be torturing her? What if they never let her go? A shiver passed down my spine. I have to do something at the earliest. If He doesn't know anything about Ashu then the money needs to be arranged. I will have to persuade Shikhar's brother to help us. Will he lend us such a big amount? I have to do something. Ashu.. Please be fine.

Having had enough with waiting outside I stood up. I went near the secretary to ask when I will be able to see Him, but the moment I approached him the phone rang and he ran to pick it up. Keeping the phone he dialed someone and talked something in a hushed voice. Immediately a man came running carrying a file in his hand.

I had had enough. I was sure He knew I was waiting for him. He was just testing my patience. Any other day I would have waited for hours without protesting but today time was of essence. Ashu needed me and I needed information which He may be able to give me.

Determined, I marched into his cabin without permission. There was no one to stop me anyways.

I entered the cabin without making any noise.The cabin was full of his loud ramblings. It was deafening.

I couldn't see him as he was seated and his secretary and the man who had entered before were standing in front of him, their heads bowed down as he kept screaming at them.

He had no idea that I was in the cabin as I was standing behind the two men, obstructing his view. All I could see was a part of his hair, talking about figures and reports telling the person in front of me how irresponsible he was and what a lousy job he was doing. He was angry, a lot angry.

Suddenly, He stood up and threw the file at the person standing in front of me. He moved aside dodging the file which came and landed straight on my left arm.

" Mumma!"

A hiss left my mouth involuntarily as a box file bumped on my hand and landed on the floor.

I am not weak. The file must be heavy and it was thrown with force, making my left arm sour. I clutched it softly on reflex.

Then I realized what I had done. My hissing had grabbed their attention and all three were looking at me shocked to see an uninvited person in the cabin.

My eyes wandered from secretary to the other person and finally him. My breathing hitched when I saw him looking at me.

Silence. It had gone silent in the cabin I think. I don't know,I just kept looking at him.

He was looking so handsome. So mature. White shirt was a perfect fit to his well toned body. Sleeves rolled up a bit, first two buttons of the shirt unfastened, hair a bit messy, seemed like he was having a bad day. He was looking dashing nevertheless.

Maybe I was the reason for his anger. That got me out of my trance. I was the reason for this behaviour of his. My eyes were about to be welled up so I looked down.

I was startled to find his secretary standing close to me. Maybe he had been standing from long, just that I didn't realize it till now.

" What are you doing here? Didn't I tell you to wait? Get out!!"

The secretary was talking continuously but I was too numb to utter a word or move. I blankly kept looking at him. He got frustrated and grabbed my arm exactly where the file had grazed me.

" Ahh…"

I hissed again and held his hand to loosen his hold on me. He grabbed me harder instead and started to pull my arm. It felt like an lightning had stuck me, sending excruciating pain where he was holding me.

" Mumma"

My voice was low, almost lost in the sob that left immediately after.

" Leave!!"

A loud voice vibrated in the cabin. It was so loud that everything rattled because of it.

All our heads snapped to the source of that voice. I blinked so that I could see clearly through my tears. Standing straight, hands turned into a fist so tight that veins could be seen popping out, his face had turned red. His eyes were stationed at my arm where his secretary was still holding me.

" Leave. Her. Hand"

This time he started slowly stressing every word as his volume rose with every word. Last word was again yelled so loudly that I flinched and his secretary immediately dropped his hand which was holding my arm.

" Get out!!"

He shouted again. He was still looking at my arm.

No one moved. I just stood there watching him as he kept staring at my arm.

" Are you deaf? I told you to get out!"

He said again but this time the volume was a bit low, yet it was laced with anger sending chills down my spine. I looked at his secretary who also looked like he would collapse any second. Then my eyes went to the other man and if I wasn't mistaken he was shivering.

I was sure both men wanted to run out. Only problem was, we had no idea the command was for whom. Me or them. All of us were scared of making a wrong move that would give the ferocious lion a chance to pounce on us.

" Out now or I swear I will be killing someone with my bare hands today."

Banging his hands on the desk his eyes moved from his secretary to the other person and I could hear hurried footsteps followed by the click sound of the door, indicating it being closed.

I could not move. What just happened? Did he actually ask them to leave instead of me? Or was that a interpretation error?

I suddenly missed the loud noises that were surrounding the cabin before a few seconds. This silence was scaring me more. What was scaring me more was the way he was looking at me.

Now it was just me, him and….. and his deadly glare.
_____________________________________

Thank you
twitterpated_phoenix OrphicErrorist 8379kruti didrshra Swathiakshu Smiles_Of_Symphony

Thank you for your support. It's because of you that I am continuing to write this story. Thanks for voting.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️