Chapter-26

I know its been 10 days since the last update!
I know it sucks to wait when an author takes forever to update!
For all of that, I am sorry.
It's just that, I cannot compromise with the quality of the story by rushing things.
Enjoy;)
*************

Nicholas

I was fucking pleased!

A satisfied smirk crossed over my lips seeing the woman in front of me who quite resembled my little princess except for her pale green eyes.

She nervously clung to that dog Sebastian’s arm. I understood that she was the lover he was referring to, not my woman.

Good!
Or I would have ripped his arms apart for touching what’s mine.

I stared at the mysterious woman who was not even half as beautiful as my princess who has bright emerald green eyes that shines like diamonds.

I remembered that it was her I saw at the ball three years ago.
That is why when I first saw my princess in Elysian I felt something different, something new, something that I couldn’t decipher.

I always felt unusual need to constantly be around her, protect her, touch her, fulfill her every desire and claim her as mine. I felt sparks of joy whenever I heard her voice or saw her smiling.

I turned my attention back to my princess who now had a scared expression on her face.

Yes, she should be scared for the hiding truth from me and going behind my back. If I would have not found out about this, she would have rescued that bastard from my captivity.

I was furious at her for going against me.

“Take them to the courtroom and stay there until I arrive” I ordered Carter.
I would deal with him too, but later!
“Isabella stay. Rest of you leave” I commanded.
To my dismay, my princess turned around to walk away but, the pale green eyed woman stayed.
So, her name was Isabella.

“Wait” I ordered angrily and she stopped in her tracks.
I marched towards her and firmly grabbed her wrist.

She looked up at me with fear filled eyes and I glared at her. I did not even know her name and it made me even more furious.

“Let me go” she whimpered, trying to release her wrist.
“Never” I replied and gave her a warning look to stop resisting.
She stopped struggling and glared back at me.

“You are in big trouble and I am not resting until I know the truth” I said with seriousness in my tone.
“It doesn’t matter anyways, not that you would spare me afterwards” she replied, turning her eyes away from me.

I was puzzled but I let that one slide.
“We need to talk and you are coming with me” I ordered, dragging her along with me.
“W-Where are you taking me?” she questioned nervously.

I didn’t pay any heed to her questions and continued walking. I took her to her chambers and opened the door. Once we were inside, I locked the door.

Then, I turned to face her, only to see her taking slow steps backwards, trying to put distance between us. It angered me but, I stopped myself from lashing out. I did not want to scare her further.

I took a seat on a cushioned armchair motioned her to take the seat opposite to me. She hesitantly sat down and tried to avoid eye contact with me.

“Speak” I said in a calm deep voice.

She bit her lower lip nervously and before starting.

“I am sorry, I-I never wished for any of this to happen. I am no p-princess....I-I am an ordinary girl who doesn’t even belong in this world. I got stranded here and only wish to go back home. The woman you saw back there is the real princess Isabella, not me. All these days I was the one living with you, but not the one you thought I was. Forgive me, because I did not have a choice than to pretend but, now that she’s here, you would finally get the person you…you’ve always wanted. Please do not kill me, I-I swear I’ll go far away from your sight…. I’ll never return and cause trouble again….please….let me go I-” she pleaded with her voice slightly breaking in the end. She looked at me with teary eyes.