Chapter-17

Hello beautiful people,
Thank you for more than 5k reads❤️
I'm overwhelmed by the support and love you have shown me.
The long awaited update is here!
3110 words!
Enjoy;)
**************

Nova

It was the first time I was feeling like a real princess with a lovely dress and pretty hair. I had worn a coral coloured gown with frills flowing downwards and a sweetheart neckline on the top. I walked towards the dining room nervously but also with a hint of excitement only to find Cassandra kissing Nicholas, which was like a huge blow to the face.

I guess fairy tales do no really exist. It was rather a harsh cruel reality which knocked me back into my senses. The sight in front of me was too much to bear, so I ran. I simply ran back towards my chambers without looking back. I had to get out of here, hence I ran.

My vision was clouded with fresh tears but I didn't dare blink. I couldn't let them fall, I knew that. I sprinted across the hallways like an emotional wreck until I bumped into someone and lost my balance. Before I could hit the ground the person held me up preventing me from falling. I looked up and saw it was Carter looking at me with a concerned expression.

"Are you alright, Bella? What happened?" he asked,
"I need to get out of here, I am not going to the banquet" I mumbled with my voice slightly breaking down,
"Please tell me what happened, Bella" he asked again rubbing my back trying to calm me down.
"I saw them kissing" I said in a low voice.

He sighed in despair. I could tell he wasn't happy about the situation.
"Bella, I know this is difficult for you, but you must be stronger than this. You can either walk away from here and choose not to face them or you can walk in there with pride and show them that you are unaffected by this. The choice is yours and I'm willing to stay by your side regardless of what you choose" he said reassuringly.

I inhaled deeply and exhaled for a couple of times. This always helped me regain my composure. Lately I was acting like a hormonal teenage girl and it was affecting me.
I shouldn't care what he does or who he is with, right?
He can screw whoever he wants, for all I care. It shouldn't matter to me. I had to show them that.

"It seems like we are going to the banquet then" I gave a small smile,
"Yes Indeed, shall we?" he grinned and extended his hand towards me which I gladly took.

We walked towards the dining room and I decided I would enjoy the evening forgetting everything else. We entered the dining room which was magnificent as ever and all eyes turned towards us. Some people looked at us in awe while others looked at us in envy. My eyes betrayed me by trying to find Nicholas and I looked at the spot he was standing earlier. To my surprise he wasn't there and Cassandra was alone sipping a drink and giving me the evil eye. I ignored her and looked around me.

The musicians were playing slow music, a few couples were dancing, the people were chattering and drinking and some were devouring the food like their life depended on it. I laughed at that and Carter looked at me with an amused expression.

"What's so funny?" he asked grinning,
"Ah nothing, it's just that these people really enjoy parties don't they?" I asked,
"Of course, who doesn't? You really need to loosen up Bella, you are too uptight" he chuckled,
"Whoa! That's exactly what my best friend used to say. You both are too alike" I said smiling sadly.

I missed Luke, even though it didn't seem like I did. Carter oddly reminded me of him, most of the times and those were times when I wished to go home more than ever.
"Bella, I'm sorry I remind you of him" he said with guilt in his tone.
"Carter, don't you dare say sorry. It's not your fault, it's mine. I lost him because of my stupidity. You should know that I'm so grateful and thankful to have you as my friend, in this gloomy place" I said sincerely,
"I'm blessed to have you as my friend too" he smiled genuinely and continued,
"Can you tell me more about your best friend, if you don't mind?"
"I'd love to tell" I smiled and continued,
"He dragged me to parties, insisted me to have fun, to loosen up and always nagged me to pursue men and not be such a bore. He also used to eat away all the food and-" I was saying, but got rudely interrupted by someone clearing their throat behind me.