Chapter-19

Nova

"Please..you have to hear me out..I didn't-" I tried again but, he gave a warning glare and I immediately stopped and did not utter any other word.

He grabbed my wrist harshly and furiously walked out of the courtroom, dragging me along with him. I didn't feel the bruising pain as I was too focused on the anger that was radiating off him. I had done the one thing he had repeatedly warned me not to do, that is trying to escape. If I was in his shoes, then hell yeah I deserved a punishment.

Hold on! What is wrong with me?
Firstly, I never attempted to escape! Maybe, he thinks I did.
But I came back, didn't I?
And secondly, I cannot believe I was asking to get punished like a completely insane, out of mind woman.

Snapping back from my thoughts, I looked in the direction we were going. It led to my chambers. Is he going to lock me in there? If yes, then he would be doing me a favour. I internally rejoiced.
He kicked open the door and dragged me inside and locked the doors, after him.
Oh! I thought I was going to be locked alone.

I didn't say a word and looked down at the wooden floor. I could feel his intense gaze piercing right through my soul which caused tingles of excitement erupt throughout my body.
"Look at me, princess" he commanded.
I lifted my head up, and met his dark silver irises which held anger and other emotions I couldn't decipher.
"You look like a servant girl in that ridiculous dress. Go and change into something more suitable" he ordered coldly.

I frowned at his words.
"You are so insensitive. You cannot judge people based on their clothing choices. Have you ever considered that not all of them are born into royal household with expensive robes and silks?" I questioned in a annoyed tone.
He was amused by my outrage and I could see a hint of admiration in his eyes, then quickly he replaced his face with the usual cold demeanour.
"You are the future Queen and you will wear clothes suitable to your position...unless, you wish to be my servant girl and serve me" he said and smirked slightly,

"No!" I exclaimed, my face turning redder of the inappropriate scenarios forming in my head.
"Then, do not defy me and do as I say" he ordered again.
"I think I quite like this dress, so I'm not changing" I huffed crossing my arms.

He ran his fingers over his smooth ruffled hair in frustration and glared at me. He grabbed my waist with both of his hands, as he pressed my body flush against him and leaned his face down dangerously close to mine.
"Don't test my fucking patience or trust me princess, I'll rip those clothes off your tempting body and change you myself" he threatened, his breath tickling my face and his eyes turning into a darker shade every passing moment. Oh crap! He was very serious about this.

Without wasting a single second, I ran straight inside my closet after he releasing myself from his grip. I pulled out the first dress I could get my hands on and quickly dressed myself.
I stepped out of the closet and saw Nicholas sitting on the edge of my bed.
His eyes looked at me in approval as he took in my appearance.

"Come here" he ordered, his deep voice resonating within the walls of the room. I nervously took small steps towards him. When I was at an arm's length away from him, he tugged me down swiftly, such that I was over his knee, my stomach pressed against his lap.
"What are you doing? Let me go this instant" I shrieked and squirmed in his lap, trying to get off but he quickly wrapped his arm around my waist holding me in place.
"Stay still! Unless you want me to lose all control" he groaned, his deep voice sending shivers of excitement down my spine.

I stopped moving as I understood what he was referring to. I bit my lips in anticipation
"You've been a rebellious little thing, princess.." he trailed off and continued,
"And this time, I won't go easy on you" he declared.