Chapter-40

Nova

The next morning, I was at the gates of the castle.

Earlier, I had woken up only to find my luggage packed and Nicholas saying,
"We are visiting a neighboring town. Get ready"

What a controlling moron!

Apparently, we were going on a trip and the place was a surprise. Although he literally ordered me to go with him, I was still excited about the place we were going.

At present, he was standing beside me, discussing something regarding the borders with Carter.

I yawned, getting a little bored.

"So Nova, are you looking forward to this outing?" Carter grinned, turning his attention to me.

I glanced at Nicholas who was staring at me with dark irises, waiting for my reply.

"I-I am. I can't wait to see the town" I replied with a smile.

"Well I would miss your company for sure" he pouted and was about to pull me in for a hug but Nicholas was quick to react. His arm now circled my waist and my face was pressed against his chest.

"Oh brother, let the poor girl breathe" he chuckled and Nicholas scowled at him.

"Back off before I wipe that grin off your foolish face," Nicholas said, gritting his teeth.

Carter just laughed and shook his head.

"Have a safe trip you two," he smiled.

"Thank you, Carter" I smiled back and Nicholas just nodded at him.

He led me to a beautiful carriage and opened the door helping me inside. He stepped in from the other side and shut the door.

The inside was warm and cozy. I glanced at Nicholas who sat beside me and noticed he wasn't in his usual royal clothes. It seemed more casual?

Nevertheless his outfit was black like always.

He still looked hot as hell!

I wasn't wearing anything grand either. To my surprise I found a rather plain dress set out for me this morning.

The moment the carriage started moving, he leaned towards my lips.

"Why are we dressed like this?" I asked, pointing towards my outfit and his.

"To grab less attention," he replied.

"You look beautiful no matter what, if that's what you are worried about"

I blushed at the compliment. He started leaning closer again when I dropped another question.

"Why are there no guards accompanying us?"

"Like I had said, there will be no interruptions from now on" he smirked and continued,

"I want you all to myself" he whispered and caressed my cheek, making my face go red.

I couldn't help but find the situation a little fishy.

Like he was hiding something from me.

I knew my safety was his top priority and he would never jeopardize that. So I wondered why he isn't bringing the guards or his beloved knights with us.

His eyes travelled to my lips and he bent forward once again to kiss me but I just couldn't resist.

"Tell me the name of the place at least" I demanded looking into his eyes.

He sighed in irritation and replied,

"Swanbel"

"Are you satisfied or do you still have any questions for me, your highness?" he asked sarcastically.