Chapter 6

Nova

I was enraged but scared as shit at the same time.
I thought he wanted me because he is a sadist who loved torturing the victims before killing them, and yes I was terrified as hell and thinking of ways I could escape him, but getting married to him is much more worse. I can't even think about the things he could do to me, and I would have no choice but submit to him for the sake of the Kingdom.

"Bella, darling please say something" the Queen begged holding my hand.
"I need a few moments to myself" I stated.
They frowned but agreed. I left their chambers only after assuring that I'll see them in a short while.

Meanwhile I needed to settle a few things with the so called great King Nicholas. I don't know from where I got the courage, but I started walking towards the South wing. I ordered his guards to show me his chambers, and surprisingly they obeyed. They probably think I'll be Queen or something, but nope that will not be the case.

I barged in his room without knocking. He stood in the corner of the room gazing out of the window, his back facing me. He didn't even turn even though he heard me. I marched towards him angrily without caring about the consequences.

"Are you here to see your future husband?" he asked with amusement filled in his tone.
His back was still facing me.
"What makes you think I want to marry you?" I shouted in rage.
"You don't have a choice" he simply said.

I was fuming. From the corner of my eye, I saw a sword lying on the table, just a few centimetres from where I stood. Without thinking I grabbed it and held it in front of me, facing the sword in his direction. He finally turned around facing me and gazed at me with his silver eyes.

"I do have a choice. I can kill you right now" I took light steps towards him, pointing the sword at him.
He slightly smirked in anticipation as I continued "Or I would rather kill myself and end this misery" I said without thinking and holding the sword close to my neck.

His eyes turned dark and his expression deadly as he grabbed my hand in a swift motion and pulled me towards him twisting my hand and the sword dropped on the floor. He slammed me against the wall wrapping his fingers around my throat firmly without choking me, but holding me in place. His body was so close to mine that I could feel heat radiating off him. I tried to push him away placing my palms on his stone hard chest, but he didn't even budge.

"Let go of me, you monster!!" I cried as I relentlessly tried to escape from his strong grip. He leaned closer to my face as his dark silver irises looked at my green ones. My heart started thumping loudly, as he leaned more closer, his eyes never leaving mine as his hot breath fanned my face.

He turned his head slightly towards my ear and whispered in a low dangerous voice "Do not provoke me. Try pulling any stunt like that again and I won't hesitate to burn this place along with your precious parents. Am I clear?"
I just nodded quickly.

His threat was real. I had no choice but to listen to him. I felt like breaking down. I-I was so tired of this, I just wanted to go home, back to Luke, back to my life. No, I'm not going to cry, I won't show him any weakness. After few moments, he released me from his grip and I started to walk away without saying an other word.

He grasped my wrist stopping me from leaving.
"One more thing! If you ever disrespect me again, I'll punish you myself" he said in a deep voice laced with warning.
"I won't, if you stay out of my way" I shot back.

I jerked my arm and got away from his hold and walked out of his chambers without sparing him another glance. I hate him with all my heart. After exiting the South wing I went towards the West wing. I entered the wing only after strictly instructing the guards to not let anyone except my parents or Jane to enter.