Chapter-44

Nova

"So how far is this place?" I questioned Leon as our carriage sped in the streets of this city.

"Just around the corner from that bakery" he replied.

"And here we are," he smiled.

The carriage came to a halt in front of a beautiful ivory coloured mansion.

We both got down and walked towards the door.

Around twenty soldiers had accompanied me on this trip and ten of them stood guard outside.

Leon knocked on the tall wooden door and soon a middle aged man opened the door.

"Good morning and welcome, your highness. The family is expecting you. Please, come inside" he said with a wide smile.

I nodded and walked forward, Leon closely following me.

The inside of the house was equally impressive.

We were standing in the middle of a plain hall and just another large door ahead of us. The ceiling was high and the walls on the side had a couple of windows which were wide open.

This feels sketchy.

"Come princess, they are waiting right inside" the man said ushering towards the door.

"Forgive us, but we would like some of our warriors to go in first" Leon interrupted.

"Ah of course" he grinned showing his teeth.

A few warriors gathered ahead of me and walked inside without any fear. I followed right behind with Leon by my side.

As soon as we entered the doors shut, preventing the other soldiers from entering.

I looked at Leon who gave me a knowing look.

The handful of warriors who got in with me stood alert and ready to strike.

"They are going to be fine outside, your highness. Worry not" a high pitched voice squeaked.

I turned around to see a young woman.

So this was Daisy Clifton?

She was tall, slim with her black hair wrapped in a bun.

"I command you to let my soldiers inside, right this instant" I glared at her.

"You see, that is not quite possible" she sneered at me.

Why does she sound so familiar?

"That is not Miss Clifton. She is someone else" Leon whispered.

"Yes, I've gathered that. It's a good thing we came prepared" I smiled.

I looked at her taking in her details which made me conclude that there could be only one person who is capable of doing this.

"You look like you are in a good mood, your highness. Would you like to sit down and have some tea with me?" she cackled,

"Sure, Queen Cassandra" I smirked and the smile on her face dropped.

It was not very hard to recognize that face.
I walked to the center of the room and took a seat on the large couch.

"Or should I say only Cassandra, seeing now that your own people have pledged their loyalty to Nicholas" I chuckled and continued,

"By the way, I'd be lying if I say your new look suits you better"

"You were the reason for my downfall, you bitch. I'll make you pay for it" she screeched holding her dagger high.