Chapter-27

Hello lovelies,
I know updates are slow af!
But my momma will kick my ass if she sees me writing all the time, hehe.
Anyways, enjoy :))
***************

Nova

"I want you to meet my real parents"

Saying the truth had never felt this good.
A huge weight was now lifted off my shoulders and replaced with a wave of relief instead. I never expected him to take everything I said this good.
It was as if he was happy I wasn't a princess.
Maybe it had something to do with Elysian I guess, cause he kind of hated Elysian.
I didn't know why!

"I do not understand. How is it possible for them to be here while you just told me you are from a different time?" he replied with a deep frown.

I explained him from the beginning. I told him all the things I had been through. The time I had lost my parents when I was very young to the time I found them again. I told him about about Dr Evans who had betrayed my parents, which is why they were here. They were once the well renowned scientists who had everything but now the mere time travellers who had lost everything.
And as for me me, I did have an empty life before.

"Princess...." he trailed cupping my face with his one hand and wrapped the other arm around my waist, pulling me against his hard chest.
His eyes softened as he gazed at me with a hard look on his face.
"You have lost and suffered enough all these years and I vow to you that I will never let you go through any of it again. I'll protect you and do everything in my power to ensure those beautiful smiles remain on your face till the end of time. I will always stay by your side and never leave you alone in this cruel world" he said, with a solemn promise hidden behind his every word.

I didn't know why but my eyes were filled with tears. He was the only one who managed to arise a feeling of reassurance and comfort other than my parents. I felt safe in my arms which may sound insane if I would have said it a few weeks back.
But, now it felt right.
Yes, I did shed tears but it were the tears of joy and happiness unlike the tears of pain.

"I trust you Nicholas, I trust your every word" my voice broke as I spoke.
Without further ado, I wrapped my small arms around his huge form and hugged him. I buried my face in his chest and sobbed, for absolutely no reason at all.
"I've got you, love. It's alright, everything is alright now" he said in a calm deep voice and rubbed my back in a soothing manner.
I inhaled deeply, taking in his strong musky masculine scent which helped me to calm myself down.

Who would have thought the Devil knows to comfort?
He had changed subsequently throughout the past few weeks and I felt special knowing he had changed only for me. I could feel getting more attached to him each passing day and I feared the attraction was too strong to fight back anymore. I gave in to my feelings and believed my heart this time.
I fell insanely and deeply in love with him.

Love!?
Oh fuck yes! It is love that I feel for him.
I LOVE NICHOLAS!!
Maybe I realised it now but deep inside I knew that I had fallen in love with him a long time ago.
I being a believer of science and logic fell in love!
Oh, what an irony eh?

But, I was scared to love!
What if he never loves me back?
He was the King Nicholas who always spoke the language of sword and violence.
I should be foolish to expect love from him. I cannot ever say him about my feelings.
I feared I may lose Nicholas one day like I had lost my loved ones.
And that might leave me too broken to be fixed once again!

I pulled back from his embrace and looked up at him.
I met his eyes which stared back at me intensely as always.
His hand dipped into the pocket of his trousers and he pulled out a handkerchief. He brought it close to my face and gently wiped my wet tear stained cheeks, neither of us breaking eye contact with each other.
My heart literally melted by his kind gesture.