Chapter 11

Thank you guys for more than 1.5k reads. Thank you for the votes and comments.
It literally made my day. You guys are the best!!
I know it's been a while, I'm sorry for not updating. Although, I cannot promise when the next update is, I'll try my best to update whenever possible!!
Love y'all❤️

Nova

An involuntary sigh of annoyance slipped past my lips. He noticed it and narrowed his eyes. Oops! I should really stop throwing myself in trouble.

I'm in Arcane,
That thought made me shiver slightly.

Nicholas was gazing intently at me waiting for a reply, but I wasn't giving him one.
I'm ignoring him remember?
So I stood there, looking in the other direction without a care in the world.

He took long strides towards me and I gulped. When it comes to this guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he strangles me out of the blue.
He stopped just inches away from my face, his hot breath fanning my face.

"Does your leg hurt?" he questioned in his deep voice.
I shook my head, even though it did.
He clenched his jaw and growled "Words, princess"
"No, it doesn't hurt. I'm fine" I replied.
He tried to lift me up, but I didn't let him.
"I can walk" I lied because I didn't want his help. He looked at me suspiciously, but agreed at last.
"Follow me" he said after unlocking the door and walking out. I didn't want to anger him so I followed him without saying a word.

I made sure to keep a good amount of distance between us, and looked around the vast place as I walked. It was dark, gloomy yet beautiful. It felt strangely attracted to the place, instead of getting repelled by it.

With every step I took, jolts of pain shot across my leg. I managed to hide the pained expression on my face and kept going. I knew it was a bad idea to walk with my injured leg, it may make things worse. He took turns and walked through a few doors till we reached a staircase. He descended downstairs, and I shortly followed.

I was greeted by the sight of a woman who was in her mid fifties with olive skin and ebony hair neatly tied in a bun. Her face was slightly wrinkled yet she was beautiful. A warm smile graced her lips when she saw us.

"This is Ada, your chambermaid. She'll show you around" he said coldly.
He is pissed for some reason.
"It's a honour to be in your presence, your Highness" she curtsied at me.
I smiled and said "Call me Bella, and please don't curtsy, it makes me feel weird"

She looked baffled and turned towards Nicholas who now had an amused expression on his face. He nodded at her and left the room without glancing at me. I don't know but that shouldn't bother me right?

I felt the tension drop down in the atmosphere. Ada looked at me in admiration, taking in my appearance.

"Finally, Nicholas has found himself a Queen, a very beautiful one indeed" she rejoiced.
He hadn't found me, he had taken me.
Do these people know I'm here against my will?
And why is she calling him by his name, isn't that disrespecting the King?

Suddenly, a piercing pain spread across my leg, which made me wince in pain and stumble slightly. Ada noticed it and held me up, her eyes filled with worry.

"Are you alright, my dear? What happened?" she asked with concern lacing her voice.
"I'm fine, just tired" I replied giving a reassuring smile.
I think a stitch or two must have ripped open from over exerting myself.

Then I felt it, blood trickling down my leg.
Oh crap! I looked down and saw the colour red embracing my pastel pink gown.
Ada screamed in horror. Guards came rushing inside the room.