Jealous to Surprise(request)

Request from @NeculaeMarias

The Herd were visiting Shira's pack and for now everyone was resting. Diego was relaxing by Shira's side, the two basking the sun. Shira stood up and stretched, letting out a cat yawn. Her mate looked at her curiously.

"You ok kitty?" He asked her. "Yeah I'm good. Just gotta check on something. I got some plans I wanna get done before sundown" she told him calmly. "What kinda plans? Hunting?" He asked her puzzled. Shira just smirked at him sneakily "You'll see" she told him sneakily as she nuzzled him before taking off. Diego stared at her suscpious before continuing his cat nap.

A little bit later, Diego got up and went to go drink some water at the lake. He started lapping the water with his tongue and his green eyes looked up for a moment but then they looked back up when he spotted something that caught his attention.

At the other side of the lake, Diego saw Shira walking alongside another saber, chatting. Diego recognized that saber. That was Theo, Shira's ex boyfriend. He was surprise and a little mad to see the two talking together.

'Shira said she had to check on something. She couldn't have meant Theo could she?' He wondered in his head as he looked back up. Diego quickly changed his spot and moved around to get closer, knowing he was at risk if getting spotted by them.

He spotted a large rock that would be perfect for spying from above and he leaped on top of if and crouch low, watching the two talking.

"So does Diego know anything about our plans yet?" Theo asked her. 'Our plans?' Diego wondered in his head surprised. "He was a little suspicious when I told him I had to go somewhere. I thought for sure I was busted" she told Theo smirking.

"So what did you tell him?" He asked her and she smiled sneakily "I told him to just wait and see" she told him and Diego glared at them both. He was feeling a boiling anger in him, slowly growing.

"Won't that make him suspicious?" Theo asked concerned. Shira surged casually "Nah. He trusts me. I think he can wait long enough until I tell him" she explained to him calmly. Diego quietly growled, feeling mad at her for hiding something from him.

"Ok if you say so" Theo told her a little worried. "Good then let's get going" Shira told him and the two walked off, unaware of the brown saber spying on them. Diego hummed in wonder.

Diego walked away from the rock and wondered off for awhile to think. "What could Shira be up to? She couldn't possibly getting back together with Theo could she? And if she is and is been doing this behind my back, then that's low for her" Diego kept talking to himself, getting madder and more jealous. He was unaware that the sun was setting.

"And what am I gonna tell Tackle? How I'm gonna explain to my son that his mom is with another male? What am I gonna say?" Diego asked himself worriedly and he huffed fustrated. His ears perked when he caught a scent. He stopped walking and looked up and saw Theo walking towards him.

Diego felt his blood boil at seeing him and he glared at him. "Hey Diego. Shira wants to see you. It's important" Theo told him as Diego looked down and thought for a minute. On one hand, he wanted to ask Theo if he and Shira were back together but part of him told him to wait and see what his mate wanted.

Diego nodded and Theo turned around with Diego following him to an open clearing. Diego's green eyes scanned around since it was dark. "So now what? Where's Shira?" Diego asked a little annoyed.

"SURPRISE!" Diego jumped in surprise when he head an excited yell from voices he recognized and suddenly the dark illuminated into light. The whole Herd jumped out from hiding in the bushes and there were fireflies illuminating the whole place. Shira's brother, his mate, their cubs and Shira's dad were with them too. Diego stared at everyone in surprise and confusion.

"Dad!" Tackle called out and ran to his dad, holding a chain of flowers in his mouth. Diego lowered his head so his son can put it on him. "Um what's going on?" He asked confused as he cub nuzzled his front leg.

Everyone turned to look at Shira who walked up to her mate smirking "Shira? What's going on?" He asked confused. "It's a surprise party. For you" she told him and he got surprised and looked at her for an explanation.

"I wanted to show you how much you mean to me. That I appreciate everything little thing you did for me from the start" she explained to him lovingly and he got more surprised and blushed.

"So I asked the Herd and my old pack to help out. And Theo helped us find a good spot to have the party at" she explained to him. Diego's eyed widen in realization at hearing that. 'So that's what Shira and Theo were talking about' he said in his head, glad that he didn't rip Theo apart.

Shira smirked at him and walked up to his ear to whisper "Next time don't spy on my and try to have a little bit more faith in me" she whispered in his ear. Diego froze and blushed embarrassed. He chuckled nervously "I have no idea what you're talking about" he denied nervously as Shira chuckled at him and nuzzled him lovingly before they got the party started.