Our Story Part 1(Diego)

Tackle was playing with his ball, pouncing and swatting it. He was going to make another pounce until some thing caught him "Ok Pouncer time for bed" Diego caught his cub in his his mouth and walked to the corner of the den, he placed the cub down near Shira who was asleep. Diego lied down with his paws under his chin and his eyes shut close but it was only a few minutes when something woke him up.

"Dad?" He opened one eye and his cub stared at him "I can't sleep. Can you tell me a story?" He asked him but Diego really wanted to sleep so he turned to his side to sleep but Tackle walked over to the other side so Diego moved to the opposite side again and Tackle walked over to him, Diego groaned knowing it was pointless so he scooped his cub in his paws and the cub faced him his tail wagging excited "Ok ok. It was a summer da..." "no" Tackle instantly interrupted his dad and Diego stared at him surprised, Tackle never interrupted him when it was story time.

"I already heard that story" "But I told you every story of me and the Herd" "There has to be one story you haven't told yet" Tackle told him and Diego huffed frustrated, he had to find a story for his cub otherwise it was gonna be a long night. "Ok then how about you pick a story" "me?"

Tackle was surprised but excited to pick a story, he turned away for a moment and thought really really hard his eyes closed tight until they popped open when an idea came up.

"I know! Your story!" He said swerving around to face him, Diego was a little confused "My story?" "Yeah. You know before you met the Herd and then after" Diego's ears fell feeling a little uncomfortable with telling his story to Tackle, he actually never told his cub about his pack life.

"I don't know if I wanna tell that story? Can we maybe pick something else?" He asked smiling nervous but his cub had the saber cub eyes and Diego sighed defeated "ok so um..." he started nervous while Tackle wagged his tail excited "A long time ago, before I met your uncles Manny and Sid, I use to be in a pack with other sabers. My dad was one of our best hunters" Diego started to smile remembering his father "Was he the best dad like you?" Tackle asked and Diego was a little surprise but he smiled warmly, touched his cub saw him a great dad "Yeah he was. He would let me get the first bite and would teach me all his hunting techniques"

He said recalling of those fun moments he had with his dad smiling, as a cub he was just like Tackle all playful and full of energy. But his face turn to sadness when he thought of something and Tackle stared at him wondering what could've brought his dad down "One day, when I wasn't so small anymore, the humans attacked my pack for our fur and we lost half of our pack...especislly my dad" he said the last part his ears down in sadness as he remember seeing the humans and what they did to his dad, it hurted.

Diego felt something squeezing him and he looked down, Tackle was hugging his father rubbing his head in his dad's furry chest. Diego smiled at his cub as he nuzzled him affectionly, Diego didn't care if anyone thought this kind of thing was soft for a saber. This was who Tackle was, a cub with a big heart...and who wouldn't let his dad sleep.

"After that, I was so mad at what the humans did and I wanted revenge. My leader, Soto, did too. So he decided to get revenge on the human leader's son and he wanted me to get the baby. But a change of plan happen when the baby's mom protected her baby and jumped off the waterfall and that's when I met Manny and Sid."

Diego continued his story from when he tried to trick Manny and Sid to joining them and then to meeting Shira. "Uncle Sid says when you met mom, you couldn't stop thinking about her" Diego rolled his eyes at what Tackle said between some laughing "I'm going to have to have a private talk with Sid about telling Tackle some stuff" he muttered to himself.

"Well um yeah I guess. Your mom was pretty and fierce. And well I kinda felt like I found my match. Someone who understands me" he said as Tackle nuzzled in his fur letting out a small yawn. Diego smiled seeing how cute his cub was and happy to see that he was falling asleep "Wow so that's how you thought of me when we met" his ears perked up suprised at hearing a sleepy yet wide awake voice...Shira.

Part 2 coming up!