Alternate Meeting Part 2(request)

This is a part 2 request for Alternate Meeting by Lasmi56. Check out part 1 first to know what happened. But just to remind what happened, this takes place after Collison course but Diego hasn't met the Herd yet and he's still in Soto's pack

With Diego's help, the Herd were able to find some new homes just as night began to fall. While at first everyone was wary of their new guide, Diego, they started to relax when they saw how good a tracker he was and how well he knew the area. Well....not everyone.

Shira kept her eyes on him the whole time, her guard up. There was something not right about him. One moment, he attacked her friends. Then, he suddenly wants to help them. It was weird. She felt that he was up to something.

The saber was lying down, her paws under her chin as her eyes scanned on each member of the Herd to ensure all was well. She saw Manny getting annoyed with Sid trying to get comfortable in his sleeping, being noisy. She chuckled amused at this.

Her smile fell when her eyes landed on Diego, the brown saber already fast asleep. "What are you up to?" She asked herself quietly as sleep started to took hold of her and her eyes slowly closed. Everyone was fast asleep...almost everyone.

Diego's eyes opened, his night vision made his green eyes illuminate. He scanned around to make sure everyone was truly asleep. Once he was sure, he got up on his feet and quietly walked away.

Just as he was far enough from the Herd, Shira's eyes opened too, her blue eyes shimmered in the night as they followed Diego walking away. She slowly and quietly got up, staring at where he went, that feeling that he was up to something growing. "Alright warrior princess. Let's see what you're hiding" she whispered as she followed after him in the night.

Meanwhile with Diego, he had caught scent of some of his pack members nearby and he did not like it. His ears twitched at something rustling and he turned his head to this dried up bush and he crouched down, ready to pounce. He saw the bush moving, meaning someone was too close for comfort.

Snarling, he leaped up and tackled on whatever was hiding behind the bush, the two rolled onto the ground and he pinned them on the ground, his paw our ready to land a final blow. "What the-?" He said confused, his glare changed to confusion. It was Zeke, one of his pack members.

"Go ahead, slice me. It will be the last thing you ever do" Zeke told him and Diego had to resist the urge to finish him on the spot. "I'm working you waste of fur" Diego told him irritated.

"Fustrated Diego?" Another voice came up and he turned around to see Oscar, smirking at him amused. 'Great. Two more pack members to annoy me' he thought in his head as he got off Zeke.

Shira's sense were on alert, her ears moved for any sound, her nose sniffing the air for any change of scent, her turquoise glowing eyes illuminating in the dark of night and her muscles twitching to run or fight.

Her ears twitched at a sound. A snarl. She caught Diego's scent and saw that it was where Diego was right now with Zeke and Oscar. Her ears twitched at other voices and she could smell that there were more sabers."I'm not alone" she whispered as she went to find a way up on that hill.

"Luring a whole group of prey too difficult for you?"  Oscar taunted him as Diego glared at him. "What are you two doing here?" He asked them, unknown to the three of them that Shira had spotted them. "Soto's getting tired of waiting. Also, he caught scent of a saber not from our pack" he informed him.

She narrowed her eyes at them suspicious until her eyes spotted Diego. And she heard what Oscar said on the last part.

"You mean me furbrains?" She voiced in and all three turned around surprised. Diego was the most surprised to see her awake. He quietly groaned, not too pleased. 'Could this night get any harder?' He thought to himself as Zeke and Oscar approached her.

"So this is the saber outside the pack. Pretty one too" Oscar said interested, eyeing her as Zeke had the same thoughts. "SNARL!" Shira snarled at them, her ears flatten and her eyes dilated, startling the two. She did not approve their thoughts of her right now.

Diego actually smirked, amused by his pack mates' startled reaction. She was more smarter and more intimidating than those two.

"Any more compliments and I'll give you your own permanent stripes ya worn out pelts" she threatened them ferociously, a growl coming as she spoke.

"Why are you hanging out with that buffet anyway?" Zeke asked her puzzled but his words caught her attention and Diego's eyes widen at this idiot giving away their plan.

"None of your business!" She yelled at them, snarling and Diego felt a fight would break out. "ROAR!" Diego roared as he got in between Shira and his pack mates.

"That's enough. Anyone of you touch her or her Herd, I will deal with you myself. Understood? Now, head back to the pack and tell Soto I'll be there to explain everything" he told them firmly, glaring at them. Zeke and Oscar hesitated at first.

"Now!" He told them annoyed and Zeke took off right away. Oscar glared at him and followed afte his packmate.

"Well. This was nice, meeting your pack. So, when will I get to meet the rest of them hmm?" Shira asked him, teasingly and actually impressed by his firm dominance and control of the situation. Diego sighed annoyed. He forgot about her.

He turned around to face her, glaring at her with irritation. "What are you doing here?" He asked her annoyed as she kept her smirk on him. "I noticed you were missing and thought I check on you" she told him amusingly.

"What was that all about? And why did that guy call my Herd a buffet?" She asked him, the last part she was annoyed. She didn't appreciate anyone wanting to hurt her Herd.

"Nothing. Just a patrol from my pack and I had to check on them. And ignore Zeke. He says things without thinking" he explained to her as he went around her.

"Now come on, let's get back to the others and get sleep. It's late" he insisted to her and she rolled her eyes at him as she walked past him, the two glanced at eachother, Shira stared at him suspicious and wary with her glowing blue eyes. Diego stared at her irritated with his glowing green eyes until she passed him. His face did change to guilt, knowing that her Herd was in danger and he feared she too would be in danger. But why did he seem to worry about her the most? He shook his head and followed after her, back to the Herd.