Sleeping Together in a Rainy Day (Sabu/ Hei Xue)

This isn't a Diego and Shira moment but this is a moment between my two characters Sabu (aka Adah) and Hei Xue (aka Saya) from my series

The marble fox stood in front of the entrance of the den. It was raining heavy outside. Hei Xue sat on her hind legs, looking at the wilderness surrounding them. She turned her head to look behind her. The fox wasn't alone.

Sabu was in the den, curled into a ball, and asleep with slow breathing. She smiled softly at him, glad to see him relaxed. A low rumble came from the sky and Hei Xue turned back to it. The clouds were gray and she saw small flashes of the lighting as her ears twitched at the sounds of the raindrops trickling down hard. It made her feel uncomfortable and nervous. She wasn't sure if she was gonna sleep tonight with this storm around.

"Hei Xue?"

Her ears tilted to the voice behind her, away from the sound of the raining pouring. She turned her head around again, and found he was awake. The large feline stared at her, lifting his head off his paws. "What's wrong?" He asked her with concern.

"I can't sleep" she told him, walking over to him as he yawned, showing his sharp white teeth, and pink tongue. He could see she seemed very tired, her ears low in exhaustion. "How come?" He asked her, tilting his head. "The rain. It's so loud. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a fox" she explained, the last part annoyed. Sometimes, good and sharp hearing had its pros. But it also had its cons. The saber couldn't help but chuckle.

She smiled at him tiredly as she nuzzled his face. He gently growled in affection, nuzzling back. "I'm just gonna stay up a bit until I fall asleep. Don't worry about me" she assured him, hoping to ease his worry

However, he was worried. He had no idea how long the rain might last. Maybe all night. But if his beloved vixen had trouble sleeping, then no way he would have that. He flashed a mishevious grin to her. An idea already in his head on what to do.

"Ah!"

Hei Xue squeaked surprised when he suddenly wrapped his paw around her, pulling her close to him as he rolled unto his back. Both his paws were wrapped around her, holding her close and tight against his furry chest.

"Sabu!" She said flustered, blushing. One moment they were nuzzling and suddenly he pulls her into a saber hug. The fox squirmed in his hold, trying to get out. But he was much stronger than her, and held her tight against him with his strong arms.

"Sabu! Let go of me!" She said annoyed, her paws trying to push herself up. The saber struggled to hold his laughter, finding her attempt to escape his hug adorable and amusing. He knew she wasn't physically strong as him. But his sweet fox never like to admit that, and tried to show that she was strong.

"Hei Xue! Stop moving!" He told her, chuckling at her. However, hold on her was breaking. She may not be physically strong. But she definitely was slippery. The small canine would manage to slip out of his paws every time and he would have to wrap his paws around her again to try to hold her.

The giant cat realize that at some point, she's gonna escape his hold. He was gonna have to change his strategy to make her sleep tonight. There was one idea. Hopefully, she won't slip through this one.

The saber flipped over, changing positions so now he was on top of her. Hei Xue blinked surprised, finding no longer in his paws. She found his face staring down at her which made her blush. His blue eyes stared into her purple ones, and he smiled softly at her.

"You have very beautiful eyes, Hei Xue" he told her, out of nowhere, and licked her forehead. The fox got surprised by that compliment, blushing more.

The saber rested his head on her chest, closing his eyes and gently purring. He could feel her heartbeat. She could feel the vibration of his purring from being so close to him. It was very soothing to her "Sabu. Please get off of me" she told him calmly but really she was starting to feel sleepy, his vibrating purr against her body made her relax and she was trying to fight it. "Now why would I do that? I'm quite comfortable like this" he told her amusingly, opening his eyes and nuzzling against her soft fur

CRACK!

A struck of lightning came out from the storm, lighting up the den for a moment. It startled both of them, making Sabu swerve his head to the entrance, and jumping up to his paws. The fox gasped and shut her eyes. Her ears flatten back, afraid, and softly whimpering.

"Hei Xue"

Her ears perked up at his voice, and she opened her eyes. His playful grin was gone, and now he looked at her worried. Once again, he lied down, resting his head back on her chest, keeping eye contact. "What's wrong?" He asked her softly.

She sighed in defeat. She should have known better than to hide it from him. "I hate feeling so scared. It makes me feel weak" she confessed to him, her voice so soft yet afraid.

Sabu got surprised to hear that. "Hei Xue. Is that all? There's nothing wrong to be afraid of things like thunder" he told her calmly. She turned her head away from him, not believing him. "Would it make you feel better if I told you that I am also afraid of some things?" He asked her and her ears twitched, tilting to his voice.

"Like what? What would you be afraid of?" She asked him curious, her eyes turned to him instead of the wall in their den.

"Losing you"

Everything seemed to got quiet except for the pouring rain. The fox turned her face to him, surprised as Sabu just stared at her. She never imagined him to be the one with his own fears. Especially when it involves her.

"Sabu" she whispered stunned as he brought his face closer to hers. "Hei Xue. I don't need you to be completely fearless just so I can love you. Our fears makes us stronger but not weak. Besides you are more braver than you realize my beautiful vixen. You just admit to me your fear. So can you say you are weak when you just showed how strong you are?" He explained to her, smiling warmly at her.

The fox blushed surprised. But it melted into warmth, touched that he thought these things of her. The fox moved her paws to rest around neck. Sabu leaned in, nuzzling her face, and purring. He licked her face which made her giggle, and he chuckled at how adorable she can be. Even if she was a weak, easily scared fox, be wouldn't have it any other way.

"Feeling less afraid my love?" He whispered to her, staring in her eyes. She gently caressed his face, smiling. "I feel safe, and relaxed with you my beloved big cat" she whispered to him, feeling sleep get a hold of her.

The fox lied her head down, unto his paws as he wrapped his paws around her again, resting his head on hers. He felt something on his back, and looked behind him. She had placed her bushy tail on him like a blanket. He smiled at how thoughtful she was. The saber turned back to her, finding her fast asleep with a relaxed smile. He gave a gentle kiss on her head before resting his head on top of hers, falling asleep.