Know Eachother Better

Request from TheAmazingKhloe ,Diego tells Shira how he wounded up in the herd.
"Third Person's POV"

In the island,a lot of laughter could be heard from the two sabers chasing each other like cubs Diego was trying to catch Shira who ran into the area where she was held in the tree prison, she hid quickly in the bush as he arrived searching for her confused she was gonna spook him from behind but he caught her scent smirking."Gotcha!" He pounced on her leaving her wide eye and mouth gaping"What?!""I win""Go ahead slice me" she said sarcastically making the brown fur saber chuckle"That's exactly what one of my pack members said" he got off leaving her curious.
"Diego's POV"

I was heading back to the village until Shira grabs my tail"Where do you think you're going?" she questioned with a mischievous grin,I was slowly getting hypnotized by her eyes"Going home but I guess not anymore" "I've been getting the feeling that you've been hiding something from me"She says and lets go of my tail and circles me"Yeow!"I felt a claw gently making its way up from my back leg "Oh well who's the kitty now"Shira teases walking to face me.
"Shira's POV"

Diego shook his head glaring at me"Look just because a little purr slips out doesn't make me a wuss,I was the strongest saber in my pack!well second"Diego shouted and I just looked at him surprised at his outburst...perhaps I pushed his buttons a little too far,"So were you kinda like a first mate too?"I was now interested""A second in command sort of".
"Third Person's POV"

The rest of the day Diego wound up telling Shira about his past"Our leader Soto said I was the only one he trusted and it really meant a lot.Ever since the humans took out half our pack he wanted nothing more but revenge I did too.Attacking our pack,our family we didn't do anything to them but they took our skins and lives.Besides himself no one hated humans like me and I was all on board with his plan except one"Diego explained grimacing about his leader's disturbing desire."What did you do?" Shira asked slightly scared at what she'll here"
"Shira's POV"

"He wanted to kill a live baby. Eat it is more like it. Soto made it my job to get the baby"Diego told me with regret in his voice"And did you?"I asked, I never heard of a saber doing this not even my pack would do this"Like you said before, I had no choice. When we attacked the humans, I slipped through the fight and crawled into the hut where the baby was it seemed so easy at first but there was something that Soto and I forgot""And what was it?"I asked."The lengths a mother will go to protect her baby,she grabbed the baby before I could and ran away with him I chased after her and managed to corner her at the top of a waterfall. I was sure she would give in or just end up being a second meal for the pack. But what she did is stuck to in my mind forever"Diego said with despair in his voice.
"Third Person's POV"

"What did she do?"Shira asked"She jumped off the waterfall with the baby I couldn't believe it. Telling Soto was the hard part he sent me to look for the kid, and if I came back without him I'd be the a replacement"Diego said to her shocking the white saber"That's..just insane"Shira let out in disbelief "Yeah well the kid survived because when I found him he was with Manny and Sid And that's when the whole herd got started but the mother didn't and its my fault"Diego said with more regret.
"Shira's POV"

"Diego"I couldn't believe he was blaming himself"No really it was me. If I hadn't chased after her or even listened to Soto that kid would still have his mom he didn't even do anything but I took his mom away an I almost took him away from his dad"he stopped walking and dropped his head in shame I felt sorry for him my mom would do anything to protect me"Diego you didn't have a choice you were forced to do it and you would've been killed if you didn't listen to Soto..." I stopped talking wanting to be careful to what I have to say"And I know this may seem weird but if you refused Soto's order you wouldn't have met Manny and Sid.The mom did what she could because it's a mother's instinct to protect their cub so you aren't responsible for her death."
"Diego's POV"

Shira placed her front paw on mine holding it I let a small smile appear and she returned the smile reassuring me of my actions"To be honest I actually risked my life to save them and I manage to survive with eight lives now" Shira leaned in close and slowly licked my cheek I gasped at the warm sensation of her lick my fur stood back down to my tail I looked at her in confusion and she just smiled at me"That was to get you to see that your a special saber" she nuzzled me under the chin and I smiled at her we decided to find a place to stay for the night.