Diego's mom(request)

Request from Tannerh012. Takes places after Diego's father request. His name is Raylan (meaning wise) and the mom is named Amaya. Raylan, Amaya and Tackle are my ocs

Raylan led the three to his den where they could rest. "Dad. You could come with us and rest with the Herd" Diego told him, a little angry that his father has yet to explain anything to him of how he was alive.

"I could. But I don't feel comfortable leaving the den unchecked" he told them, glancing behind him to look at his son before turning back. The brown saber groaned annoyed. Shira glanced at him and nudged his shoulder, glaring at him.

" Nor, do I like leaving her alone too long" he explained to his son, and that got his attention. Shira and Tackle glanced at him, curious. "I'm sorry. Her? Who's her?" Diego asked wondering who is father was referring to.

Raylan stopped walking and the saber family noticed they had arrived at what appears to be an entrance to a large den. The older saber turned around to look at his son with a stoic look, making eye contact with his son.

"Do you still remember Amaya?"

He asked him and the question caught his son off guard. Diego's face softened at hearing that name. He lowered his head, feeling sadden as he thought of that person. Shira and Tackle looked at eachother, confused. Who can this Amaya be?

"Yes" he answered, wondering why his dad asked him that. Raylan smiled softly at him as he nudged his son's head up. "Would you like to see her again?" He asked him and that made Diego looked up at his dad wide eye, stunned.

The elder glanced at his daughter in law and grandson. He smiled at them before turning back to son. "Bring Shira and Tackle with you too. I'm sure Amaya would like to meet them" he suggested to him as he entered the den.

Shira walked up to her mate, staring at him with worry and confusion. "Diego. Who's Amaya?" She asked him as he got over his shock and looked at her. "My mother" he answered her and her blue eyes widen, shocked. He told her of what happened to his parents. It already shocked her that his dad was alive but his mom too? This family reunion got more interesting.

"So I also have a grandmother?" Tackle's voice popped up intrigued as his parents glanced at him. The cub looked at them curious. "I think so bud. We'll see" Diego told him, nuzzling the cub before the three walked inside.

As the cats entered, they spotted someone resting on a large rock. Diego's eyes widen, his breath caught as he recognized her.

It was a female saber, same fur color as her son and mate but she had dark brownish red stripes on her. "Amaya my love. Wake up. You may want to see this" Raylan spoke as he approached his mate and nuzzled her face. Her eyes opened revealing shimmering green eyes like her son. She smiled warmly at her mate who returned the same smile.

Amaya noticed the other three behind him and her eyes widen to see her son. "Diego?" She said, smiling wide as she glanced at her mate to confirm. He nodded to her, assuring her this was no dream.

The elder saber got up to her feet as Diego approached his mother hesitantly. He didn't think both his parents would be alive. Last he saw them was when the hunters wiped out the pack.

"Mother?"

He said, scanning her until his eyes landed on something that was never there before. Her right hind leg was missing. A piece of it was gone with some scars going up her thigh and she was walking on three legs now. His eyes enlarged at seeing this.

"What happened to your leg mom?" He asked her alarmed as she raised an eyebrow. "This is the hello you give to your mother after you haven't seen her for several years?" She playfully scolded him and he smiled sheepishly, his ears down.

She chuckled at him and nuzzled her son, purring and Diego returned the nuzzle back, glad to see his mother back. "I missed having you this close to me" she told him, glad to see her cub again as she licked his forehead.

"He didn't come alone" Raylan spoke and Amaya looked at him before spotting Shira and Tackle. "Mom this my mate Shira and my son Tackle" Diego introduced them as the cub walked over to his grandma, excited to meet her.

Amaya beamed at hearing that she was grandma now as she leaned down to the cub. "Hi" Tackle said in awe of her. "Hello there little one" she greeted him and nuzzled his face, making the cub giggle as rubbed under her neck.

She looked over at Shira who made eye contact with her. "She's beautiful Diego. Heh heh, you're just like your father. Knowing exactly how to catch a good prey or a good mate" she commented and Diego blushed pink embarrassed. "Mom" he said humiliated as Shira chuckled at what his mom did as Tackle looked at his dad and grandma confused while Raylan chuckled amusingly at his mate. Still, Diego was glad to have his parents back and even better to have them meet the family he and Shira created.