First Paw Steps(request)

Request from Glaceons700101

Diego was asleep in the den, relaxing peacefully...until someone decided to wake up early.

"Hmm?" Diego woked up when he felt  something touching his nose and his eyes opened up sleepily. He smiled when he saw who woke up and he didn't mind.

It was his son Tackle. The young cub had woken up and started playing with his dad's nose, the cub patting it curiously. Tackle was still small and still didn't start talking yet but the cub was starting to get curious about his surroundings...that included his parents.

"Morning Tackle" Diego said, chuckling as the cub's ears perked at his dad's voice and he smiled at his dad excited, his tail wagging. The cub would get excited whenever he heard or spotted one of his parents. Diego chuckled at his cub before he stood up and stretched.

"Alright time to go get you some food bud" Diego told him, about to walk off but then Diego felt something on one of his back legs. He looked down and saw Tackle had grabbed his foot. Diego chuckled at him "Yeah I don't think anyone has to ask why we named you Tackle" he told the cub and turned around to nuzzle him.

Diego spotted Shira still asleep but that's when the brown saber noticed something that puzzled him. Since the cub was born, Tackle had always been at his mom's side, either near her stomach or snuggled in her paws and furry chest. Other than that, the cub had never moved far from his mom until now.

Diego got surprised and looked down at his cub who stared at him curiously "Tackle how did you get over here?" He asked his son but Tackle just stared at him puzzled. "Did your mom bring you over here just to wake me up?" He asked him playfully but actually wondering if Shira had something to do with it.

Tackle then noticed one of the flowers in their den and the cub answered Diego's question by crawling to the flower so he could play with it. The cub eagerly swatted the flower but Diego stared at him amazed. "Oh now I see. You crawled. You want to move around don't you?" Diego asked him but the cub was preoccupied with the flower.

Diego smiled at him and an idea popped up in his head. "Hey bud" Diego told him as he gently put his paw around the cub. Tackle looked at his dad curious. "How would you like to learn to walk huh? Come on" Diego told him as he went behind the cub but Diego realized something else.

"Shira. Shira wake up" he told her and Shira groaned annoyed as she lifted her head up and looked at him tiredly. "What?" She asked him, yawning. "Watch this" he told her excited. He didn't want Shira to miss a special moment for their cub. Shira was confused but she did pay attention.

Diego grabbed his cub by the scruff of his fur and slowly lifted him up that Tackle was now standing on his paws. "Ok bud. One paw at a time" Diego told him as he moved his paw and Tackle followed by moving his paw. The cub stared at his paw amazed and wide eye.

"Ok now the other paw" Diego advised him as he moved his other paw. Tackle moved his left paw and he moved his right paw but the cub accidentally stumbled. Diego luckily had the cub by the scruff so Tackle wouldn't fall. Tackle squeaked upset.

"It's ok bud. It's ok I got you" Diego assured him and Tackle looked at his father. Diego smiled at him, his green eyes shining and Tackle smiled at his dad and pawed his nose as a way of thanks. Diego chuckled at the cub's cute way of saying thank you. Shira smiled at her mate, glad to see he had patience with the cub. Unlike with a certain annoying sloth.

Tackle tried again and he kept his paws on the ground. He moved one paw at a time, following his dad's paws. He slowly but surely walked on all four paws and Tackle was amazed at this new skill he was learning.

Diego smiled at the progress his cub was making and decided now was the right moment to let his cub do it on his own. "Ok bud. I'm gonna let go and you are going to do it by yourself ok" Diego explained to him. Tackle's ears fell nervous. "It's ok bud. If you fall, I'll be there to pick you up again" Diego told him and it cheered the cub up.

"Ok ready? Go" Diego said and let go of Tackle's scruff. The cub stood very still at first, afraid to move. Diego and Shira watched curiously. Tackle slowly moved his right paw and then his left paw. After moving his back legs, the cub stumbled, making Diego approach him, ready to catch his cub.

But Tackle regain his balance as he started to walk and the cub began moving faster. Tackle smiled big at this new and amazing experience. Diego and Shira were amazed and looked at eachother and back to their cub smiling.

"Way to go bud!" Diego said happy and proud of his cub. Tackle looked at his dad happy, squeaking and growling excited as he ran over to his dad, nuzzling his legs and then running to his mom. Shira chuckled at her son, happy that he could run and she licked his face lovingly. "Way to go fuzzball" she told him proudly as Diego approached them smiling and Tackle continued running around them all excited.