Father Son Bonding (Fathers Day request)

Request from Tannerh012. Happy fathers day! Give your Dads lots of love ❤️

"Daaad. Daaaaad"

A voice came up and Diego felt something climb on him. He opened his tiredly and saw a familiar face who smiled at him.

"Happy fathers day dad"

Tackle told him with a beaming smile.  Today was fathers day and he was trying to wake him dad up by climbing on him. Diego smiled at his cub. Seeing his little kitten was a good way to start the day.

"Heh. Good morning to you too bud" he told him, wrapping a paw around his cub and pulling him into a hug. Diego rolled unto his back and lifted the cub up in the air, tossing him up before catching his again in his paws. Tackle chuckled in excitement as he and his dad played wrestled.

"Hey just because it's fathers day doesn't mean I'll go easy on you dad" the cub said to him as he slipped out of his paws. Diego chuckled at his cub as he got up. "Oh really?" His dad said to him amusingly. However, he noticed Shira nowhere to be found. "Hey where's your mom?" He asked Tackle as the cub walked to the entrance of the den.

"She's out hunting. Said that you and I should do some good old father and son bonding. So what you wanna do dad?" He explained to him, licking his paw.

Grrrr

Both cats' ears perked up at a rumble and looked at eachother.

Grrrr

They both glanced down and the sound was coming from Diego's stomach. He was hungry. "Well how about we start the day by getting breakfast?" Diego suggested to him. Tackle smiled at his dad and nodded yes. "Alright! Let's go Mr number one dad in the world!" Tackle said, jumping up and down as his dad followed him.

The two headed to a hunting ground where it had Diego's favorite prey: caribou. The two cats were at an area uphill and hidden so they wouldn't be spotted. "Ok. One caribou breakfast for dad coming right up!" Tackle said confidently and raced torwards them, which startled his dad.

"No wait!" Diego said alarmed and jumped in front of his son, stopping him from getting any further. "Tackle you're still way too small to hunt these things. And most prey will choose to fight back if they have to. If you try to hunt one, you are gonna get yourself kill" he explained to him calmly. Tackle's ears lowered disappointed.

"Aw but I'm suppose to get you your breakfast for you" he pouted. He wanted to make this special for his dad. "I know but..." Diego said and tried to think of something as he scanned around. His ears perked when he saw some blueberries. Now that was something Tackle can help him with.

"How about this bud? You see those berries? Go grab some. They'll go well with our breakfast" he instructed him as the cub perked up, wagging his tail happily. "Ok!" He said and scampered off excitedly while Diego went to go hunt.

The brown saber manage to catch a nice fat caribou. He dragged it up to where he saw Tackle and right on cue, the cub came with a large stick, holding a good amount of ripe and juicy blueberries.

"Dad over here. We can eat here in peace without anyone finding us" Tackle called over, pointing at a spot and his dad followed him, dragging their meal with them. Tackle guided him to a nice spot hidden beneath some bushes and leaves. Diego smiled, impressed by his son's skills. "Not bad kiddo. Now let's dig in" he said as both father and son lied down and began eating their breakfast.

Few minutes...

"Phew. I am full" Diego said, lying down as he felt his stomach bloat. He left some leftover meat for Shira. Tackle munched on some remaining berries as his dad chuckled at the blue juice smeared on his paws and mouth.

"Come here bud. Let's get you cleaned up" he told him as he gathered the cub in his paws and started licking him clean. Tackle's ears perked at some gurgling sounds and he glanced at his dad's stomach. "Dad are you still hungry?" He asked curiously. "Nah bud. Just a bit full. Yawn I think I'm gonna take a nap" he yawned as Tackle also yawned, feeding tired himself.

"Did you like the breakfast though?" He asked, looking back ar his dad who smiled at him. Diego opened his paws,  offering the cub to sleep with him and Tackle jumped into his arms, nuzzling his face. "Yeah I enjoyed it bud. Thanks" he whispered to him tiredly as the two started to fall asleep, taking a cat nap together.