My Mate

Diego proposes Shira to be his mate

Diego was having a cat nap in the middle of the afternoon,these past two years have been amazing for him ever since the encounter with the pirates all becuase of his girlfriend Shira.The two had so much in common: leaving their packs, holding on to their saber pride,being a little tempered and having a soft side. But today Diego had something big planned,he loved Shira deeply with all his heart and wanted to be ny her side for as long as possible...he wanted her to be his mate.

"Diego.Dieeeego" someone whispered to him, and he opened one eye to see Shira smiling at him. "Hey Shira" he yawned before stretching his legs and jumping off the rock he napped on. "So I'm going on a girls night out with Ellie and Peaches. I'll be back at sunset ok" she explained and licked him on the nose before walking off.

But his eyes fully open from sleep and just blurted out the words without thinking it. " Shira wait!When you get back, meet me at the meadow.You know where you and I.." he said pausing and her eyes widen when realizing the meadow was the same place he confessed to her. She smiled at him before nodding as a way of saying sure.

As soon as all three girls of the herd left, Diego went to the fruit bar(same one from Collision Course) where Manny was, the mammoth had pineapple while the saber had kiwi. "So Sid told me you wanted some advice from me about something" Manny said to him, glancing at the cat.

"Yeah..." Diego said nervously, tapping his claws from his right paw on the stone table. "And whenever you ask me for advice, it involves your girlfriend" the mammoth said as he raised an eyebrow once Diego turned away from him, refusing to explain further. He finally gave up, letting out a huff.

"Ok. I'm planning to propose to Shira to be....my mate" he let it out. Manny's eyes widen realizing now why Diego was hesitated to talk. "Relax I've been through this sorta thing when I proposed to Ellie" his friend assured the feline.

"Yeah but for me I'm a little scared Shira won't want to take a big step like this" he told Manny worried, sighing in defeat. He felt Manny gave him a soft punch on the shoulder before refilling his drink. "Listen I was pretty scared to tell Ellie I wanted her to be my mate.

But once I told her the reason why, it worked out between us so maybe find something special to you and Shira and show her how much she means to you" Manny advised him. Diego turned away thinking for a minute until an idea popped up. "Thanks Manny" he said to him gratefully and instantly ran  from the bar planning to put my idea in motion.

Nightime arrives

"Sayonara girls" Shira told Ellie and Peaches as she headed to the meadow. She silently giggled, remembering that was where Diego admit his love for her. Just thinking it made her cheeks blush and her heart beat.

Shira arrived but he was nowhere in sight which confused her. "Diego?" She called out, scanning around. Her ears perked when hearing some rustling and spotted the mane on Diego's back.

She smirked and pounced right on him hearing an "oomph" from him. "Nice try" she said amused. "Hahahah very funny" he told her sarcastically as she got off him " So what's the reason to bring me here tough guy?" He smiled at Shira, motioning her to follow him as Shira wondered....'what's he up to?'

Shira cocked an eyebrow, wondering where Diego was leading her. They took a path which according to Diego was the 'shortcut'. Shira was a little ticked off to see that it wasn't a shortcut. But her frustration vanish when realizing the path was familiar...too familiar.

The more they kept continuing the more Shira got familiar with the path until she finally remember this was where Diego chased her when they first arrived to Hyrax Island. Her eyes widen in realization. Diego cleared his throat, since throughout the walk the two haven't talk, to get Shira's attention.

She narrowed her eyes on where they were. It was dark now and there was this pond in front of them " Diego where are we?" She asked him confused. "Trust me just keep walking" he told her calmly as he continued walking and the striped saber scanned everywhere seeing nothing even with night vision.

But then she saw a stump and instantly realised that this was where she was imprisoned. Where Diego gave her water and revealed their pasts before leaving them. Her eyes widen at it as Diego entered it. "Come on" he told her before he completely went inside. Shira followed him in, her eyes scanning around still finding it the same way she left it.

Shira stared at him and then to the hole in the stump. Diego took a deep breath, finally deciding to tell her about his proposal. "Um Shira?" He said her name nervously, trying to stay calm. "Yes?" She said as as she looked at him, sitting down alongside the brown cat.

Diego was still nervous and hesitated, but he was still gonna take the chance. "Shira. These past two years with you as my girlfriend have been great and fun and all, but I wanna be more than just girlfriend and boyfriend I wanna be your...well..." he started talking and struggled to say the last part. "Your mate?" Those two words came out but not from his mouth. It was from her.

Diego turn to his girlfriend, surprised she figured out what he was gonna say "And you know what Diego, I would love to be your mate" Shira tols hom happily. She got closer, her nose almost touching his as the male saber felt his heart beat with happiness. A huge smile on his face started to form. "I um...don't what to say...!" He stuttered as Shira grinned misheviously and placed her lips on his surprising him before she broke away.

"Then don't say anything. Although why here?" She asked him puzzled as to why he chose the place she was imprisoned to propose. Diego just smiled at her. "Becuase it's where you and I got to know each other better. I love you Shira" he explained to her lovingly. The former pirate smiled, her heart touched by this.

"I love you too you big Softie" she said, the last part playful as the two chuckled before Diego went for a kiss, the two spending the whole night together.