Father and Son in law bonding(request)

Request from Danah4life

"Do I have to?" Diego asked his mate. "yes" Shira told him flatly. Diego was lying down with Shira standing. Shira wanted Diego to go hunting with her dad Tyto...by himself.

"Come on. You got on his good side in the last hunt" Shira brought up and Diego stood up, sitting on his hind legs. "Yeah but being left alone with him is a lot worse. I rather face Soto, dinosaurs and Gutt all together in one battle than face your dad" Diego told her panic.

Shira rolled her eyes at him and nuzzled her mate under his chin to comfort him. "Relax. My dad might seem tough and scary but he's sweet. You just gotta get to know him first" she advised him and Diego couldn't help but chuckle.

"Like father like daughter huh?" He joked and Shira glared at him while smiling. Diego chuckled and he smiled feeling the nervousness get off him a little bit.

"Ok ok. I'll go join your dad. But if I die, tell Tackle I love him" Diego told her jokingly and Shira bursted out laughing as Diego walked off.

Diego walked to a different hunting ground. Unlike the last one, Diego learned from Sora that this hunting ground had smaller prey so the hunt was not as hard as hunting larger prey.

Diego spotted the saber sitting, his back facing Diego so the brown saber could see his black stripes on his back. 'Ok here goes nothing' Diego thought in his head as he got closer. Tyto's ears twitched at Diego approaching and he turned around to face him.

Tyto looked at Diego calmly but also sternly. It made Diego feel intimidated and scared. Tyto stood up "Let's go hunting" Tyto told him as he walked off and Diego followed him.

Tyto lead Diego to the hunting ground, the sun setting. The two cats hadn't said a word to eachother, walking in silence. Diego cleared his throat and tried to make a conversation "So um Tyto. Sora tells me you're the lead hunter of the pack. Must be a pretty awesome job" Diego told him nervously.

Tyto didn't respond and Diego felt more nervous, his eyes down, unsure what to do or say now.

"It is" Diego's ears perked at Tyto's voice and his eyes went up. His green eyes spotted the hunting ground and the sabers stopped walking, looking at it.

The hunting ground had rabbits roaming it and some bushes which would be the perfect hiding spot for the sabers' hunt.

"Being a lead hunter, it's my job to find the best hunting grounds..." Tyto explained and he looked at Diego with a smirk...and an idea.

"...and to teach young hunters" he finished and Diego looked at him puzzled. "With all respect, I know how to hunt sir" Diego added firmly, standing his ground. He was afraid of the older saber but not afraid to stand up when getting taunted.

Tyto looked at him and turned to their prey "True. But I want to see what kinda of hunting techniques you know. Catch more than just one rabbit" Tyto told him and leaped into the bushes in a flash.

Diego took a deep breath, understanding the challenge and leaped into the bushes too. The brown saber crawled through the bushes and would pause for a moment, sniffing for the prey and Tyto's scent.

He could smell the rabbits but the older saber must've been pretty well hidden because his scent was nowhere to be smelled.

Diego smelled a rabbit not far from him. All he had to do was pounce on it.

"Roar!" A roar came out but it wasn't Diego's. The rabbit got spooked but Diego quickly sprunged out and caught the rabbit before it could get far. Diego looked around suspicious about that roar "I think Tyto's trying to make it harder for me. Well one rabbit down. Just a few more to go" Diego told himself determined.

He hunted more rabbits, each catch more harder than the last. Diego had caught so far five rabbits. But the brown saber was on guard. He hadn't seen Tyto for awhile...that's gonna change.

Diego was stalking one rabbit and crept closer to pounce on it and "ROAR!" A roar came out and something fast leaped out chasing the rabbit. Diego's eyes widen but he had no time to think about who it was as he chased after the hunter and the prey.

Diego chased the hunter. Whoever it was, they were fast but Diego had to catch that rabbit before he did so he could prove himself to his father in law.

Diego was really close behind the hunter but the hunter kept moving left and right, trying to keep Diego behind him. Having no choice, Diego pounced on the hunter on his back.

Diego jumped off the hunter and pounced on the rabbit, finishing the kill. Diego dropped the prey and panted tired, his eyes on the ground. His ears twitched at a chuckle.

"Well done" his ears twitched at that familar voice and he looked up and his eyes widen when he saw Tyto. Tyto stood up, smiling at the younger saber.

"You've really amazed me. Thanks to you, we have enough food for the pack" Tyto told him. Diego nodded back in respect but inside he was happy that he won his father in law's approval.

The two cats picked up the prey and headed back to the pack.