A Mammoth Anniversary (request)

Request from Tannerh012

"So. Let me get this straight. Once again, you forgot your wedding anniversary with Ellie?" Diego asked his friend with an unamused look. Shira had the same looks as her mate while Tackle played with the possums who were trying to decorate for the party.

Manny rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, looking away from the cats. "Well no. I didn't forget. I just lost track of time. You know these days. They go by fast" he explained, trying to come up with an excuse, much to the sabers' disappointment as they shook their heads.

"Look. Ellie's gonna be here any minute. But the party isn't ready yet so I need someone to keep her busy until then" he told them, in desperate need of their help. Otherwise, Ellie would never let him hear the end of it.

"Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing you pay the price for forgetting your own anniversary again Manny" Shira commented amused as the mammoth grumbled annoyed at the reminder.

"Sigh. Fine. But you owe me for this" Diego told him flatly as he looked at his cub who was pulling on a streamer as the possums pulled back, trying to finish the party decorations but Tackle was making it hard.

"Shira. Why don't you and Tackle keep Ellie busy. I'll go get our friends and get the party ready" he explained the plan to his mate. "On it" she told him, walking up to her cub who was still playing tug a war with his possum uncles.

"Come on Tackle!  Eddie said fustrated, pulling on the streamer. "Yeah! Sis is gonna come any minute for the party!" Crash spoke, helping his brother out. The two brothers did not wanting to see their mammoth sister upset again.

"Come on bud" Shira spoke, arriving to the rescue as she picked up her cub. Tackle let go of the streamer, catching the possum brothers by surprise as they tumbled to the ground.

"Let's go see your aunt Ellie. We'll be back by sunset so you better be ready" she said to the boys as they headed over to the find the mammoth. Diego left to find their friends to help out. He brought with him the slothes, Buck, Kiko, Vibe and the wolves. "Alright everyone. Once again, Manny forgot his wedding anniversary with Ellie" Diego told them in a tone where he's not surprised. Everyone looked at Manny and shook their heads dissapointed at that.

Manny glared at the saber annoyed. "Did you have to say that?" He asked him irritated. "One time is bad enough. Pointing it out is the one way to make sure you don't forget again" Diego explained to him plainly. "So each one of us does a part and get the party ready before sundown. Buck,  you'll be our lookout. The rest of us will do the decorations. Let's move" Diego instructed them. While Manny was bothered by Diego pointing out his mistake, he was glad the saber knew how to take charge.

While the Herd dealt with decorations, Shira and Tackle were with Ellie, gathering some food that Shira said the slothes needed for their party together. Ellie agreed but truth was the food was meant for the anniversary party instead.

Minutes passed by and Shira glanced up. It was sundown. 'Those guys better have the party ready. Otherwise, Manny will have to go to couples' therapy if Ellie gets mad again' She thought in her head as she looked behind her. Ellie had Tackle on her head, letting the cub play with her trunk.

"Pssst!"

Her ears perked up at a voice above her, and she looked up, spotting Buck in the trees. He gave a thumbs up, indicating that the party is ready. Shira nodded to him with a smile before the weasel vanish to tell the others. She quietly chuckled, glad to see the plan in motion.

"Alright Ellie. We're here" she told her friend as they set the food down. Ellie let Tackle slide down her trunk. "Awesome. So where are Sid and Brooke anyway? I don't see them" Ellie asked confused as there was no one here.

"Oh the party is right here Ellie" Shira told her, walking ahead with Tackle following her through this leave curtain. Puzzled, she followed after the two inside.

"SURPRISE!!!"

Suddenly, Ellie found the decorations out and confetti and her friends jumped out of their hiding spots. It startled her but she smiled big at this. "Aw a surprise for me guys? You shouldn't have" she told them all gratefully as Manny approached her, placing a flower crown on her head. "Happy anniversary Ellie" he told her happily. She smiled big at him, glad to hear that.

"Aw Manny! You remembered. Thank you honey" she told him happily as they hugged eachother with their trunks. Manny glanced at his sabers friends and mouthed a thank you to them. Diego nodded a you're welcome to him. But he definitely was gonna make sure Manny returned the favor at some point.