After the Storm(request)

Request from mikey987321. This takes place after the "comfort in the storm" moment.

Morning arrived and the sun was shimmering. The trees had some dewdrops on the leaves and their were puddles from last night's storm.

Inside the Saber Den, the morning light stretched into it and reached to Shira's face. The silver saber shook her head at the sudden light and woke up, yawning.

Shira opened her eyes tiredly and looked around. She saw outside and noticed the puddles "Huh. Looks like we had a storm last night" she told herself, tilting her head.

Her ears perked at some snoring and she turned her to the scource of it. Diego was asleep, snoring. Shira chuckled at him quietly and walked over to him and stood right in front of him.

"Guess someone couldn't sleep from the storm" Shira commented but then she noticed Tackle sleeping on Diego's chest with his paws wrapped around him.

Shira smiled at the cuteness and she nudged Diego's nose with hers. "Diego. Wake up" she whispered to him and Diego started groaning a bit "Five more minutes" he mumbled and Shira noticed that Tackle was stirring in his sleep, the cub lying on his back and snoring.

Shira chuckled at this cute like father like son moment and she pulled on Diego's ear gently "Come on you sleepy heads" she told them both and Diego opened his eyes tiredly and let out a yawn. Shira let go of his ear and rubbed Tackle's belly with her paw to wake him up.

Tackle let out a yawn and rubbed his eyes with his paws and he looked at his mom. "Good morning mom" he said sleepy as he stood up and stretched. He stumbled out of his dad's paws and nuzzled his mom's paw and started walking away.

"Aww why you woke us up? Yawwn I liked having Tackle sleeping in my paws" Diego playfully complained and Shira shook her head at him smiling. But then the she saber realized that Tackle wasn't sleeping in Diego's paws before.

"Someone has to wake you two up. Also, why were you and Tackle sleeping together? Did something happen last night?" She asked curious and Diego stared at her a little surprised.

"You didn't hear the storm last night?" He asked surprised that she slept through it. Shira shrugged at him "No. I guess I was sleeping pretty deep" she told him.

"Well Tackle couldn't sleep. He was scared. So he woke me up" Diego started but Shira noticing his face had a little guilt in them. "Diego? You ok?" She asked a little worried and he looked at her, his ears down and he sighed.

"When Tackle woke me up, I...I snarled at him" he told her and Shira stared at him wide eye and surprised. Usually the only time Diego would do that to Tackle was if he was angry at the cub.

"I was just annoyed but I should've figured out that Tackle was scared. I should've stayed calm and instead I made him more scared. Not from the storm. But from me. I even made him cry" Diego confessed her guiltly. The last thing he would want is his own cub scared from him.

Shira could tell Diego didn't mean it. She knew that Diego loved their son. She looked over at Tackle who was outside the den and playing in the puddles. "He seems happy. What else happen?" She asked, noting how Tackle didn't seem sad or anything.

"Well I apologized to Tackle and we slept together through the storm" Diego finished and Shirs smirked at him, nuzzling his face which made Diego puzzled.

"So you made a mistake. Relax. I would've done the same thing. The good part is that you fix your mistake and helped Tackle. That's all that matters" she advised her mate and gave a quick kiss to him.

Diego smiled at her, feeling better "Thanks Shira" he told her as he stood up and the two walked out of the den. Tackle was splashing in the puddles laughing and getting his fur all soaking and muddy.

Shira scrunched her face in disgust "I'm not licking that off him" she said jokingly with a smile and Diego laughed "How about we go to the lake and go for a swim?" Diego suggested and Tackle gasped excited "Yeah yeah! Let's go!" Tacke said and jumped up excited as he raced around his parents and ran off with Diego and Shira following him.