Genderbend Proposal (request)

Request from Tannerh012. I went back to when I did this moment for Diego and Shira. Some similarities but different since I feel Shiro would be different from Diego

"Hey Shiro. Where you taking us?" Diega asked him suspicious yet puzzled as the striped cat led the way, the once orange afternoon sky was changing to purple-ish blue. A sign that nighttime was falling.

"Just keep walking" he told her plainly but she had no idea that inside he was bubbling with nervousness. The former pirate had asked his girlfriend to come follow him somewhere without saying they were going. The closer they got, the more anxious he was and kept wondering how this was gonna go. Thoughts circling in his mind as he started to have second thoughts about this.

"Shiro?"

He snapped out of it at hearing Diega's relaxed voice and he turned to her, finding the brown cat beside him. She looked at him, noticing the worry on his face. "Are you ok?" She asked him, starting to sense something bothered him. "Um....hey look we made it" he told her, putting on a nervous smile and hopefully changing the subject.

His girlfriend looked at him weirdly, finding it so rare to see him like this. But she dud turn her head to where he led her and found herself in this place in the woods. There was something familar about this place. Her green eyes scanned the place. The sky now a dark blue with the stars out. As she looked around to try and familiarize herself while Shira stood behind, one thing that caught her sight was this tree stump with a hole in it.

Her eyes narrowed at it as she tried to remembered where she had seen that. With a closer look, they widen as it came to her realization. "Hey I know this place. This is where we imprisoned you. Man, you were so prideful that time I gave you water" she said, playfully joking with the last part. He didn't respond which was weird. No sarcastic or annoyed remark.

She turned around and found him at her side, staying quiet as he entered inside it. Shiro glanced behind him and motioned with his head for her to follow hi. Her playful grin fell, not sure how she should feel about him being so silent and nervous. It seemed she was about to get her answer as she also entered inside it. It felt pretty cold inside yet in a relaxing way. Like the cool air was trapped inside this old stump.

"This isn't just the place where you imprisoned me" he told her serious, finally speaking and she glanced at him. His blue eyes illuminated from the darkness of the tree stump. The only source of light was from the moonlight through the hole on the tree. Diega blushed, finding the moonlight and shadow

"This is where I really got to know you Diega. Where I realize we had more in common. Where I realize you had something better than me. You had a Herd. A family that cared about you, looked out for you and loved you. While my crew who I thought were my family left me behind" he explained to her as he looked down sadden at the crew's betrayal to him. They didn't hesitate to kill him when he turned against them.

Diega looked at him symphatically but then he looked back at her with a brighten smile. "You taught me what it really means to have a family. That a Herd is much more loyal and trustworthy than pack. That you are more loyal and trustworthy than anyone I met" he explained to her, the last part warm and kind.

She felt her heart beat at that part and her blush deepened as her green eyes glanced down.  'He's being so sincere and honest. What's got into him?' She thought in her head anxiously. But then the brown cat found a paw lifted her face up and her eyes stared into blue sapphire one.

"Hey. Look at me. You saved me. You gave me something better. And that was you. Even after I tried to hurt you, you welcomed me into your Herd. You stood by me. Always there to talk to me, just to listen or to put up with me whenever I messed with you. You managed to win my trust and my heart. And I want you to keep it forever" he explained lovingly as her eyes widen at what she heard as they maintained eye contact. She saw the honesty and love in those shining blue eyes of his. He offered her the warmest smile at the greatest treasure he found in his life.

"Diega. My sweet softie. The huntress of my heart. Will you be my mate?" He asked her nervously, hoping he wasn't being over or making her feel nervous. Shiro was just saying what he was feeling inside and he wasn't exactly the romantic type.

The brown saber stared at him with wide eyes and the silence from her made his nervous smile switch to worry and he prepared himself for a heartbreak or a rejection. "Sigh. Look I know I'm not touchy on feelings but-oof!"

Just as he was about to explain, he found himself got tackled and pinned to the ground by her. "Ok I get my proposal wasn't great but...Diega?" He started speaking annoyed but he paused in worry when he saw her beautiful green eyes watered and a warm smile on her features.

"Shiro. That proposal was beautiful. Those words. I never thought that you could say the most sweetest and honest things ever. I loved that you tried, even if you were nervous. I love you. And I would love to be your mate" she explained to him as her voice broke but there was joy in her voice.

The striped sabers' eyes widen to see her crying for joy but he smiled big to hear she accepted his proposal. He couldn't believe that Diega chose him to be his mate. Though, he frowned when she mentioned something. "I wasn't nervous. Just...tired" he lied, trying to hide his nervousness.

She rolled her eyes, seeing his old self returning but she didn't care. She was too happy right now and she could see in his face that he was too. 'And he's going to be more happy' she thought in her head as a sneaky grin appeared. Diega surprised Shiro with a kiss, catching him by surprise. He blushed deep pink but relaxed and shut his eyes as he returned the kiss back, glad that they were going to become mates.