Hanging out with the dads(request)

Request from Tannerh012. Takes place after the last father's day moment that I did.

Diego and Tackle had woken up from their nap and were walking back, on their way home to the den since Shira was calling them back. The two cats were full from the breakfast they got from Diego's successful hunt. The brown saber breathed in the fresh air, finding it refreshing.

"Hey dad is that Uncle Manny up there?"

Diego got confused at what his cub was asking and he looked to his right. Just as he turned his head, he saw the mammoth at a cliff and jumping down to where there was lake was near them....

"Oh boy" he said flatly, realizing they were in the danger zone.

SPLASH!

Manny fell through the water, his large size sent a huge wave towards the cats. Diego grabbed his cub by his scruff and dashed for it, away from the wave. It only manage to graze his paws but other than that they got away from nice and dry.

Diego still held his cub as his eyes scanned for his friend. He wanted to see the mammoth out of the water in case he made another giant tidal wave. Manny submerged out of the water, completely soaked all over. He rubbed his eyes with his trunk from the water and as he scanned his surroundings, he spotted the cats in his sights.

"Hey there Diego! Tackle! What's up?" He called out to them, swimming over to shore. Diego climbed up a rock to get some leverage and avoid any waves his friend brings on the shore. The cat set his cub down while little Tackle eagerly waved his paw at his uncle.

"Hey Manny. Not much. Just me and Tackle hanging out together" he told him as Mannny entered the sandy beach. "Well, since you're not doing anything, maybe you would like a cannonball contest" he offered him. Diego and Tackle climbed down the rock, finding that they were clear from any tidal waves.

"Well I'm not sure. Shira's calling us and she can get pretty impatient when we don't show up" he explained to him. After being a mom, she shows impatience whenever Diego and Tackle are out and don't respond to her calls. Sometimes if they take too long, she shows up herself. That was the last the saber wanted.

"Aw come on. Look you and I will do one and then you guys can head home. Besides, I can't stick around either. Ellie's gonna come looking for me" he explained to him as he scanned for his mate. From the looks of it, it looked like both were avoiding their wives' bad sides.

Diego thought about it. If it was just one, then it shouldn't take one. He glanced at his cub, realizing something. Although Tackle was a good swimmer, he didn't feel comfortable letting him partake a contest with a giant mammoth.

"Alright then. You're on. Tackle stay here and be the judge. On that rock away from any waves" he said confident as he smirked at his friend who smirked back. "Alright dad. Show uncle Manny what we big cats are made of" the cub said determined and proudly. Diego chuckled at his cub's enthusiasm and rubbed his fuzzy head.

Tackle scampered and leaped onto the rock as Manny and Diego went up on the cliff. They both readied themselves to jump off. "Alright bud! Give us a countdown!" The cat yelled as his voice echoed from high above.

"OK!" Tackle yelled back as loud as he could. Diego and Manny glanced at eachother with competitive smirks before turning back to the edge of the cliff.

"1.....2....3!"

Tackle yelled the countdown and Manny and Diego jumped off.

"GERINOMOOOOOOOO!"

Both of them yelled and....

SPLASH!

They hit the water with a giant splash and it sent a tidal wave to the shore where Tackle was. The cub was up on the rock so the wave didn't get him. It just send sprinkles of water on yhe little feline. Tackle shook his fur from it as he glanced at the lake.

Manny and Diego came out of the water, making their way to shore, laughing. "Aw man! That was fun!" Diego said between his laughter. "Yeah! I think I won that one" Manny said confident as his friend looked at him annoyed.

"No way! Just because you're a mammoth and you're bigger than me it doesn't count" he argued with him as they got to the shore. "Hey Tackle! Who won little buddy?" Manny called out to the cub who still sat on the rock.

"Dad won obviously" Tackle said without hesitation but with confidence. Diego smiled proud while Manny grumbled annoyed. "He's just saying that because he's your kid" Manny said irritated as Diego walked up to the cub. "Nah. You just don't know a good judge when you see one" Diego told him amusingly as he and Tackle fist bump. The brown cat shook the water from his fur, getting his kid wet who laughed at him.

Grrrrr...

"Huh?" Tackle said puzzled when the two heard a growl. The two cats got in pounce stance, thinking it was a predator. But the cub noticed Manny not looking good as his trunk held his stomach. "Uncle Manny. Are you ok?" He asked, tilting his head confused as his dad looked at his friend.

Grrrr...

The sound came up again and they both realized it was from the mammoth. "Oh that's why you're avoiding Ellie. You had lunch and didn't wait a few minutes before going in the water" Diego said amusingly, realizing why the mammoth was avoiding his wife. He always did this and she would scold him for it.

"Well no....not much...ok fine! But it was just a few peaches!" Manny argued annoyed. He thought he could hide it. Tackle noticed some thing swimming in the water his dad and uncle talked. The cub walked up to the shore, his eyes widen intrigued by what he found.

"Look don't tell Ellie about it alright?" He begged his friend who had that look that said I am gonna tell your wife. The brown saber glanced at the shore and noticed his cub there with his tail wagging excited. "Hey bud whatcha doing over there?" He called out to him and the cub turned around with something small in his mouth.

'What's he got with him?' He wondered as the cub got closer. Tackle placed down on the sand two small little fish that swam near the shore. Diego got surprised but smiled proud at his son. "Nice job bud. You're gonna make a good hunter one day" he complimented the little one, nuzzling his head. Tackle returned the nuzzle, making a chuffle sound.

"Hey Manny you want some?" Tackle offered but the mammoth made a disgusted face. Plus his upset stomach was not having it. "No thanks I'm full"  he politely declined it, not wanting to hurt Tackle's feelings.

"MANNY!"

The boys jumped up startled at hearing a very familiar yet angry voice. Manny's face was full of dread at who he saw. "Oh no...." he said as Ellie marched over to him, fuming.

"Roar!"

Diego's ears flattened annoyed at hearing his mate's roar and it sounded very agitated by how loud it was. "Oh great. Looks like Shira's patience has run dry. Come on bud. We'll eat these on the way back" he told Tackle as they both took their fish and walked off, leaving Manny to deal with an angry she mammoth. Diego was not going to help his friend in this. Not when he has to deal with an angry mama saber now.