Shira's birthday part 1(request)

A request from cheetah100704

It was early in the morning, the sun had just started to rise up but everyone was still asleep...almost everyone.

In the sabers' den, Shira was deep asleep but Diego and Tackle slowly tiptoed passed the sleeping she saber, they were trying to leave the den without waking her up. Diego had gotten to he entrance of the den and Tackle was behind him. "Yaaawwn" Tackle let out a loud yawn that echoed in the den. The two sabers froze in their tracks, their ears twitching for any sound of Shira waking up.

The two sabers breathed out quietly in relief that Shira didn't wake up...or so they thought. "What are you two boys up to so early?" They both froze again, their fur stood up. They slowly turned their heads around and saw Shira waking up. She lifted her head up, her eyes were on them tired but suscpious and she had a raised eyebrow at them.

Diego smiled nervously at her "Um morning honey" he said and Shira got more suscpious "honey? Since when do you call me honey?" She asked him and Diego shut his mouth and quietly scolded himself...he nevered ever called Shira honey before.

"Dad's um...um..taking me out for hunting practice" Tackle blurted out lying and putted on a big fake smile. "Hunting practice? Isn't it too early to go practice?" She asked more suspicious and letting out a yawn. Tackle's ears fell at that realization. He usaully took practice in the middle of the day. Plus there's not much prey early in the morning.

Diego quickly jumped in to defend his son and put a paw around Tackle, smiling big "Well you know what they say. The early bird gets the worm right? We'll get the food, you just get more beauty sleep" he told her fast as he and Tackle ran out of the den in a hurry. Shira stared at them wierdly, shaking her head "That was wierd. Meh I'll think about that later. Yawn I just wanna sleep" she said groggy and laid her head back down on her paws and slept.

Diego and Tackle had ran so much and so far from the den they were out of breath and sitting on the snow panting. "You couldn't hold that yawn in Tackle?" Diego asked annoyed panting "You know I have never woke up early before" Tackle replied annoyed. Diego took a deep breath and sighed and his breathing was normal again. "Ok now that we gotten out of her sight, what should we get her for her birthday?" He asked.

Tackle got his breathing back and he thinked on what to get and shrugged. Today was Shira's birthday and the two sabers had no idea what to get for her. Diego and Tackle both let out a fustrated huff, like father like son. Tackle's ears perked at something and he loomed at his dad "Hey dad what do you know about mom?" He asked hoping there might be something to give an idea for a birthday present.

Diego started thinking for a minute "Hmmm. She doesn't like being called kitty although I think she likes that, she's very fierce when hunting, she hates insults on her fur, she loves snow, doesn't like it when you pull on her earrings..." he listed all the likes and dislikes and there was something that sparked an idea.

Tackle's ears perked up at an idea and had a big smile. "Dad I got it!" He said excited and loud his voice echoing. "Sssh!" Diego hushed his cub with his ears down and Tackle hushed back, everyone else was still asleep and they already almost got caught by Shira.

"Dad I have an idea" Tackle told him in an inside voice. "Crash and Eddie found this..." Tackle told his dad about the idea and Diego seemed to like it. He beamed at the idea "Tackle you're a genius! Oh ho I can't wait to see the look om Shira's face" he told him nuzzling his cub. "Lets do it" Diego said but Tackle had other ideas "ok but first can actually hunt something. I'm hungry" Tackle told him, rubbing his stomach.

Diego chuckled at his cub "Ok lets get some food for us and Shira before she gets more suscpious" he told him as they went off hunting.

What do you think Tackle'a little idea is? Find out in part 2!