Tackle Meets the Herd

Tackle gets to meet the Herd

It was springtime and the Herd was waiting outside of the sabers' den, today was the day that Diego and Shira's cub Tackle meet the Herd. Well they have met before but that was when Tackle was just born so he was way too young to remember them. Everyone was excited to see the young cub and their saber friends since they haven't seen them in months.

Diego saw the rest of the Herd waiting outside "You done yet kitty?" "Hold on a second he still needs cleaning and don't call me kitty" Shira was cleaning their cub "Since when did you care about cleaning?" He questioned her a little surprise "since when did you ask?" She asked him irritated, Tackle was squirming in her paws and his paw kept pushing her face away.

"Argh! Come on Tackle! Let me clean you!" He leaped out of her paws as she groaned frustrated...'why is this so hard' she thought. Tackle made himself small as he huddle in the den his ears down in worry, Diego approached his son "Aw don't tell me your scared to meet the Herd. Everyone is excited to see you" the cub shook a little nervous whimpering. Diego nuzzled his cub to comfort him "Don't worry everyone's going to love you just like me and mommy" Shira joined his side the two smiling at their cub, Tackle's ears lifted up smiling.

"What's taking so long?" " how much cleaning does one cub need?" The possums complained they really wanted to see the cub but only to get a swat from the trunk by Ellie. "I can't wait to see the little cutie" Ellie said excited to see the cub. "Oy mammals sabers upcoming" Buck alerted them as the sabers finally showed up.

Diego walked a little ahead towards his friends, Manny and Sid stepped up to him happy to see their friend again "Hey buddy great to see you" "Thanks Manny" the two fist bump while Sid hugged his saber friend "Diego we missed you buddy" "Nice to see you too Sid" He said sarcastically but he was happy to see him.

"So ready to meet Tackle?" "Who's Tackle?" Sid asked clueless until Manny whacked his head "the cub Sid. The cub's name is Tackle" "Listen I know you guys a really excited to see him but try to keep it to a minimum" he told as his paw went low as a demonstration "Aw come on Diego how can anyone hold this much excitement" Sid asked him ready to meet another cub he could help raise...if Diego let's him.

"Yeah Sid but Tackle he's a little nervous and I think too much excitement from you guys might scare him off plus it's his first time meeting other animals that aren't sabers so try to appraoch him gentle" he told them just in time, Shira and Tackle showed up well the cub was walking with his paws wrapped around one of her back legs.

"Aw look at him" Brooke said "He's so cute" the cub kept hiding his face behind Shira's leg. "Hey fuzzball" Shira lifted her leg a little and she looked down so it was upside down. She smiled with a raised eyebrow which excited Tackle that he let go and came up front underneath her. He nuzzled his nose with Shira "Ok now go say hi to the others. Come on you can do it" she gently nudged her cub with her nose and Tackle walked well crawled to then still a little nervous.

Sid, obviously forgetting Diego's warning, approach the cub all excited "aww what a cute little bundle of joy. Uncle Sid can't wait to...OW!" when Sid tickled under his chin, Tackle swatted his face real hard and scampered backed to Shira. "Ow he has his dad's swatting skills" Sid said rubbing his face.

Diego chuckled silently "I told you to be gentle" he reminded him as Tackle moved to be underneath his dad. Diego looked down smiling "Relax buddy they won't hurt you" Tackle spotted the possums climb down and curious, Tackle approach them crawling...only this time it wasn't nervousness.

"Aw so cute" "I wish Peaches was here to meet you" the possums said until Tackle suddenly ran straight to them "ah! Scatter!" They both scatter in different directions confusing Tackle which made him stop. "Haha he doesn't which way to go" Crash taunted until Tackle went after him and Crash ran for it but the cub's sudden speed caught the possum in minutes.

"Ok you win now can you get off me?" The cub had his paw on the possum sniffing curiously "haha look at that. He hasn't learn to talk yet and he's already good at pouncing and running" Diego said impressed by his cub's quick learning. Tackle's curiosity shifted to Manny's trunk and he pounced on it, pawing it curiously.

Manny wrapped his trunk around the cub and lifted him up on his head "He's got more curiosity than Peaches did" Tackle let out a small roar at his parents like he was saying hi to them. He jumped towards Ellie well kinda he only made it with his front paws so he was slipping but Ellie pushed him up a bit with her truck.

The cub let out another baby roar with a smile and his tail wagging excited. "Looks like Tackle's warmed up to the Herd" Shira told her mate as they watch him play around with the Herd "Yeah he's gonna really love them" Diego said happy to see that Tackle's first meeting with the Herd went well...now the Herd has a new member in their family.