Apology over Stubborness (request)

Request from Shira_x_Diego

"Hey Ellie. You doing alright hun?"

Manny asked his mate Ellie, noticing she was zoning out. Sid and the possums were with him too, just chatting when they notice Ellie's mind went elsewhere.

"Yeah, I'm alright. It's Shira I'm worried about" Ellie told them all.

"Hm?"

Noticing the puzzled looks on everyone, she motioned her head to the striped cat. She was on a rock, lying down with her chin on top of her paws. Her face was away from the Herd, but she was strangely quiet which may not have been a good sign.

"She's been like this ever since this morning" the mammoth explained as the Herd exchanged concerned looks. It was unusual to find one of the sabers so quiet. The sloth walked over to her.

"Hey Shira, you alright?" Sid asked, putting a hand on her shoulder. Only that had the opposite reaction.

"SNARL!"

"AAAH!"

Sid screamed and jumped back when the striped saber snarled at him ferociously. The sloth lost his footing and fell of the rock she was on, tumbling down to the ground. This of course caught the attention of the whole Herd. The possums just laughed hysterically at that. Ellie glared harshly at her brothers, not hesitating to wack them both.

The sloth groaned in pain, sitting up to rub his head. Once Shira saw it was the sloth, her face soften, relaxing for a moment, abd quickly wiped her face. "Sorry Sid. You caught me at a bad time" she apologized, standing up and jumping off the rock.

"No worries. I'll take that apology. That's probably the nice thing about you. Diego never apologizes when he does that" he commented but those words cause the female cat to get annoyed and turned around, leaving them.

"Thanks Sid. Now she's even more agitated" Manny remarked flatly. Ellie chased after the saber. "Shira wait up!" She called out to her but the cat just kept going. "Hey brothers of mine. Help me out" she told the possums who glanced around and spotted some pinecones on the ground.

Smiling misheviously, they scampered towards it, picking it up and turning to their target. "Heads up!" They yelled and threw it at the saber. Ellie turned to her brothers, shooting a harsh glare at them. "What? We helped didn't we?" Crash told her confused until a roar caught their attention and the brothers' eyes widen as they quickly dodged an angry saber trying to pounce them. Shira snarled at them, the brothers hiding on top of their sister, quivering.

"Yeah. You helped make things worse" Ellie told them unamused. She glanced at Shira and noticed something that caught her attention. The she saber had tear stains on her face and eyes red and puffy. "Shira. Were you crying?" Ellie asked concerned. The saber cat quickly turned her face away, rubbing the tears off. "No! I had something in my eyes!" She denied it fiercely.

"Shira. You don't need to be so stubborn the mammoth told her calmly but the saber's ears flatten in agitation. "Stubborn? You sound just like Diego" she mumbled upset. Ellie could see her eyes held some sadness to them.

"Shira. Does this have to do with Diego?" She asked her calmly, making the saber pause. The cat thought about it carefully. She didn't like admitting she was wrong. But at the same it she wanted to stop feeling this hurt. Letting out a defeated sigh, she turned around back to the mammoth.

"Ok fine. Diego and I had a fight. We were hunting together and it didn't go well. Diego claimed that I messed up the hunt. That I should've waited on his command. I told him he shouldn't have been so slow. We started arguing and he said I was too stubborn and that he couldn't handle me and he stormed off, saying he didn't want to see my face" she explained, slowing down in her talking as she felt her stomach churn as she remembered it. Earlier before her friends talked to her, Shira found it hurt so bad she started crying quietly.

Ellie looked at her symphatically. The way she was acting meant the argument between the sabers must've been pretty bad. "Well did you think on whether you were right or wrong in the hunt?" She asked her as Shira avoided eye contact.

The cat just stayed silent, refusing to say anything. She didn't like admitting she was wrong. Even though part of her said otherwise. "Shira" Ellie said, raising an eyebrow as her mom instincts sense Shira wasn't completely innocent in the situation.

"Diego did tell me to wait on his command. I didn't listen and rushed in. I got impatient. I've always been use to hunting alone. But I guess I need to learn a thing or two about hunting with a Herd" she explained, ears lowering in guilt. It wasn't easy to admit her mistake but saying it to Ellie did make her feel better.

She felt something on her shoulder and found a trunk from Ellie. Glancing at her, her friend offered a warn smile. "That stuff happens all the time with me and Manny. One of us does something silly, we start arguing on who's fault was it. But once we take a moment to cool off, we  realized that we did make a mistake. We talk about it and we fix it. Maybe it might work for you and Diego" Ellie explained calmly. She had seen this a lot so she had experience with that.

Shira looked at her, pondering her words carefully. It was true that when they talked together, it helped bring some understanding. An apology might be of have some help. "Alright. I'll go find Diego and apologize to him" she said, about to walk off before turning to Ellie.

"Hey Ellie....thanks. I really needed that" Shira said gratefully as the mammoth smiled at her. "Hey. If you ever want to talk, I'm your girl" Ellie replied as both went in different directions.