Chapter 15d: New Top Ten (3)

Krass' Perspective

     "I will never understand how these fools can pridefully gloat about their master being a Shadow

"I will never understand how these fools can pridefully gloat about their master being a Shadow. I can't even look myself in the mirror knowing I serve some mish-mash of a mortal instead of a real Devil." Heck, at this point, I'd rather be under Bēlze than this poor excuse for a Demon.
     I'll admit he's strong, from what I've gathered from the other Devils, he may just be the strongest among them, but he's still some parasite that needs to leech off a weak mortal to survive. All it takes is one misstep from his originator, and that's it.

Obsidian's Perspective
     The yellow diamond shape in the middle of my right eye shone brightly as his previously unfollowable movements became predictable. My signature blades were created and hacked away at the area in front of me.
     His Cypher didn't take too kindly to detours, so his diversion of movement was met with a dark spike coming from the air. A relatively deep cut was left on his shoulder and from my research and knowledge of this Hunter, his regeneration and Healing Magic were negligible at best.
     The crowd's previous silent awe became arousing cheers and even more careful watching with their visors on.

     Orbs of dark mass were scattered all in the area as giant spikes sprouted from them as the Cloud-Hunter avoided them with expertise. However, from what I've seen, his ability to multitask in a fight is lacking. While he is able to dodge a multitude of attacks from above-
     I rushed into the fray of sharp points as they rained down like a storm, increasing their attack speed as I slashed at the young Hunter with my swords.
     As he was getting more frantic and making mistakes, my chest felt hot and I kept attacking him with a great smile. 'Yeah - yeah, just keep going!! Don't stop!!! Doesn't it feel great, huh, Obsidian!!?'
I couldn't stop myself at this point, my brain took back seat again as my disciplined slashes became vicious flurries of blades. Both eyes wide open as I could hear the distorted screams of excitement from spectators.
My body not in my control and a sinister voice snickering all around. I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from, but I was definitely the voice I keep locked up. I felt my life almost drain from my body as I realized just how far weakened I've become.

Krass' Perspective
     It was my turn to check on our hordes of lower-ranked Demons. It's a pain but it's split evenly between us Arch-Demons and Demon Lords, so I guess I can't complain.
     "His complacency in the matter to find the Demon Roots is just proof of his inadequacies-" I heard footsteps in the hall as I was working. No one else should be here... is it Bumont!? If it's that lumbering meathead, I'll kill him for scaring me!

     "Ma-Master Abbadon!! Wha-what brings you here!?" I bowed slightly as my body trembled at his magnificent form

"Ma-Master Abbadon!! Wha-what brings you here!?" I bowed slightly as my body trembled at his magnificent form. Now this is what a true Devil should be!!!
     Master Abbadon's mere presence commands respect as the leader of the Devils and the pioneer to the Demon-race's ascension to being the controllers of all three Realms!
     He sighed as if I was a child who didn't understand. "Don't you think it's inappropriate calling me 'Master'?"
     A click of my tongue was all I could muster in response. That formless pipsqueak is my Master in name only.
     He read my expression before asking a question, "Where is everyone? I was looking to talk to Bel, but I couldn't find him or anyone else - save for the Arch-Demon stationed outside; he didn't look to be the intelligent type though..."
     "Yeah, that's Bumont. That idiot couldn't tell the difference between a grape and his own brain," I said, pointing at my own head as I spoke, "the grape is more developed. Though, Belphegor took his three Demon Lord pets to check something out. One of us Arch-Demons is doing some sort of joint mission along with Azmoth and Loch. The other one is apparently on some secret mission to find the Demon Roots on the Mortal Realm, but I don't buy it."
Hesitation loomed over the greatest Demon to ever exist as he spoke, "Hey, I know this may sound crazy, but do you have any suspicions towards Bel?"
A shaking smile crept up in the back of my mind as I tried to keep my composure. This is it!! If I can haggle this correctly and if Lady Luck is on my side, I may be able to switch to being his servant instead!!

Crisp's Perspective
I noticed a change in Obsidian. He wasn't his usual carefree self, nor did he have his calm demeanor. He was like a feral animal as sharp blades came from his body as if he was some sort of buzz saw.
Elbow, knee, calf - they extended from his body and he controlled them like they were actually a part of his body. I can't handle the pressure, and with all these stupid spikes attacking me at random, I can't use my Cypher, Flashstream, to escape. I can't believe I'm losing.
I sensed that something was incredibly wrong with the #1 Hunter. It wasn't just how he acted, but like he was a completely different person possessing him.
Blood wouldn't stop gushing from my wounds as his two glowing eyes emanated my fate for death. My mind raced through as I thought, I'm gonna die... He's gonna kill me!!

Those eyes, they reflect death and savagery. A calculated killing machine. Is that what Laplace's Demon Hunter is? I could feel other World and those of the Highest-Intercontinental Class getting ready to jump in. It wasn't just me who understood the change.
That's when, a sudden light seemed to radiate behind his eyes. The kindness I recognized from him all those years ago as his body quietly slumped down to his knees...