Chapter 6: Jackson's Home

I'm sooooo freaking bored!!! 😫 How do people go on in life. All these obnoxious rules in society, people always talking and telling you what to do, invisible expectations, and people not understanding the truth of others. It's all too much, but I'm getting carried away... This portion is lighthearted with a bit of intrigue. Hope you like it 😋

Jackson's Perspective
Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit!!
     I was so freaking nervous. All I could think of was my family embarrassing me, or my cousin's magic tricks, or how Percy would think of our traditions. 😖
     He was just sitting against a window reading a thick, heavy, crimson book. It was almost as large as the textbooks we have in Magic Theory 3.
     All through the jet-ride, I was feeling absolute dread. Crystals seemed to shimmer in the sunlight, reflecting back bright rays and glimmering jewels.
The pure clouds and vast ocean did NOT suppress my distress as I fidgetted with my headphones, turning the outside volume up and down. I could tell my breathing was getting uneven and tried forcing my eyes shut.
What if Percy hates them!? What if Percy thinks they're weird!? What if Percy thinks that I'm weird? What if Percy leaves me!!? What if Percy-
I felt a cool, tiny hand on my thigh. I cracked my left eye to see Percy - no - my adorable boyfriend comforting me. All that adrenaline started to slow and my thoughts became more concise. I was still shaking of course...

Percy's Perspective
I was completely overwhelmed with traveling to Aloska (a•LOW•shka; dialect). It was so agonizing, I made sure to buy a book on Aloskian (a•LOW•shkin) history and traditions, listening to Beethoven's 5th on low volume. Hearing the smooth and soft keys being danced on always kept me on track.
'Did you know, Aloska is a small nation that even pushed back American assaults?' I know I didn't, especially that there were so many cultures that cumulated to create it, like: Japanese, Russian, Canadian, Samoan, and American were all integrated, as well as other, smaller countries.
I hated not knowing things about the people around me, always had me worried. When Jackson broke down with Mr. Orchid, I had to start paying especially close attention to him and his family, mainly Ms. Jackata.

     I glanced over to my right and found Jack shivering like a lost puppy

I glanced over to my right and found Jack shivering like a lost puppy. His eyes were sewn closed as if wishing a spirit away. He's anxious too!?
My hand had a mind of its own as it glided over his gigantic thigh. I could feel the tough muscle through his soft fur. His eyes slowly opened, probably revealing a smurf in a raincoat. 😅

I continued my silent reading:
'Aloska had an influx of people because of different reasons. This caused the people there to grow in lots of respects, having a great balance of education and culture. Their fighting styles greatly vary by species and size. The roles between the main "families": Wolves, Shibas, and Corgis, made them a terrible match against invaders.'

     I couldn't read on since we were landing, I was thinking about how much I didn't read and how they would put me in an awkward spot like in movies... 😓
Right before we landed, Jackson pulled out this wooden box.