Chapter 8: Night of FireFall 😊

You know what? F*ck it, imma put in a more wholesome chapter here instead. Hope you like it. 😋

Percy's Perspective
Last night, we had watched a horror movie, which had me frozen against a giant of brown fur. Come on man, that was terrifying! How does it not faze him!? That movie was horrific.. I mean, some burn victim turn nightmare haunter is not what I signed up for in life. I hope there aren't any demons like that... A Hunter is able to take a man-eating impersonator, but dream-walking Deadpool that doesn't have the decent curtesy of covering his face? Yeah, no... At least I couldn't do much. 😓

"Percy!! The festival is starting!!"
"Kay! I'm almost ready!~"
After that movie, Jack had apologized and said we can do whatever I want today. I had told him about FireFall and this guy had the audacity to not have a clue. I mean, who lives in Florida and doesn't know about the most beautiful night in Fall!!? Sometimes - I just don't know what to do with him. 😩

Jackson's Perspective
I had on some cargo shorts and a pink polo stretching across my broad shoulders. I liked tight shirts, but I can only wear them comfortably when it's cool...
     I had no idea what to expect, during this time, I'd just stay inside doing homework. I like carnivals, but festivals? That's something I only really enjoy back in Aloska. Great times...
     That's when Percy came out. His hairstyle greatly changed. Instead of of his normal hair that went down passed his ears, it was a bit spiked and came up a bit after n his right side. Kinda like a torrent, but also, he wore an entire black suit that emphasized his slim build. Bright red tie brought out his hair and eyes.
     His two shining jewels held a larger light than usual. I've noticed that from the first time I met him, he grew brighter eyes and seemed more aware - but this - this made what he usually is now pale in comparison.
     "Well, what-what do you think?"
      My stupified face molded into pure, ecstatic laughter. I couldn't hold it in as my diaphragm kept forcing its way closed, not let air come back in bit more than willing for it to leave. My legs gave out so I was using the small couch for support.
     "H-hey!! What's so funny?"
     "Nothing-nothing, I swear. It's just, you look SO different from usual... give off a different air."
     "So you don't like it..."  His eyes wandered down to his black dress shoes.
     My laughter quickly dulled to chuckles. "Aww, that's not what I meant. You look great, just didn't expect you to show out like this." I carefully walked behind him as hugged him, my head laying in his shoulder. "But why are you dressed up so much, we just looking at some fireflies and eating, don't want anything good to get dirty - not that I'm complaining.~"
     He couldn't help but blush and I love it when he does. He's just so cute.~ 🥰

     It was amazing. Not just the festival - just - amazing, all of it.

     There were Magic Fireflies spotting everywhere with their flashing lights

     There were Magic Fireflies spotting everywhere with their flashing lights. Unlike regular fireflies, these are types of sprites that gather in our realm once a year and only in Florida.
     There yellow flashes become different colors based on the type of magic people have nearby and I could see blues, vibrant greens, even some deep purple. It was all magnificent and I couldn't believe that this was what I was missing while studying all those years.
     That's when he looked at his phone and yanked my entire body by my arm, guiding me somewhere.