Chapter 17: Unexpected Events

Caleb's Perspective
I would normally try to avoid someone like him. But from the information gathered by another informant, he's probably not all that smart. I could feel pure, unbridled depravity emanating from him. Maybe I can follow him for a bit, I should be able to escape...

For a few minutes all I would see him do is check on buildings. I'm not particularly sure for what since he was wearing clothing that covered most of his body and hid his eyes.
He just stood and walked around some buildings. It looked like he was checking foundations or something. What the hell is this maniac doing!?

Eventually, I flowed into an alley. I made sure to wait for him to turn before actually entering so he wouldn't see me. I was right at the corner checking to see if he was still walking. "Huh! Where did he go!?"
My body felt heavy, and not metaphorically either. It was physically heavier. Oh crap!!! Is this.. Gravity Magic!!?
The most I could manage was a slow rotation. It was difficult to carry my body as I stared at the tower of muscle and fur in front of me.

It was like he was studying me, observing any ticks and movements I made. I misunderstood, his actions didn't make him any less experienced in combat. I thought about escaping from this body I stole, but this is a type of Force Magic, not too far off from the Devil Loch. It can still affect me even as a Spector.
"Who are you?"
I can't escape outside this body. And even while synergizing with this body, I'm nowhere near his strength. It was a hard pill to swallow, but I really believed I could at least stall someone l own to be equivalent to a World-Class while in the city. Using people around without showing myself would've made this easy, but this Magic-
"I'm not asking again, Demon. Who. ARE YOU?"
Shit. He knows I'm a Demon!!? Does he know I'm just possessing this body too!? This is bad. I need to think quickly. His eyes radiated impatience, but I could still sense his thoughts were elsewhere.
I had to get confident or this won't work... "You want something, right!?"
"Huh?"
"No.. it's someONE you want yeah?"
His eyes went wide. Got him!! Those same eyes became even more skeptical as his Magic swelled. The weight on my legs grew suddenly. It was tough even standing. My knees were buckling and this stupid body was trembling under the force. "I can help you with what you want!! It's-it's Obsidian, right!!?"
The gravity on my body lightened. I even felt lighter than before. "Really?"
My head nodded like a bullet train, if I can't make this work, he could probably kill me, unlike Obsidian.

     He took me to his house where I saw his younger brother, the Sylph Hunter.

John

     "Didn't know you were into young ones

     "Didn't know you were into young ones. You have the weirdest taste in men, brother."
     Noah spoke up with a growl hanging in his throat, "Hey, it's not like that!!" He paused after giving me nerve-wracking glare. "This Demon here is going to help me get Obsidian back."

Sophiel's Perspective