Chapter 21.5: Acceptance..?

Here's a bit of a longer chapter and this is the final 'full' part of the 'Cindy/Antonio side story'. The next chapter will just glance over what happened probably.

San Antonio's Perspective

     "So - you're this 'Lightning' I've heard about

"So - you're this 'Lightning' I've heard about..? Gotta say, you're not like anything I was imagining..."
"W-well, ma'am, I'm not actual-"
"Well, whatever. I just need you to understand that my son will need a nice girl to carry on the Crimson name."
     I didn't want to disrespect this chic, but.. what the fuck? 'Nice girl'? I hope she ain't tryin to compare herself as one. I can't believe she actually faked her illness just to get her child to come back... that's... I'm not sure what level of messed up that is.
     "Well, ma'am, I believe your 'son' prefers to be called your daughter and she can date or marry whoever she wants, not just whoever you say." I said this with surprising convention that got me excited on the inside. I was nervous about meeting such famous Hunters, but look at me now.
     I caught a glimpse of Cindy's face filled with horror and I definitely regretted what I did.

     "I see. I've never met someone as impudent as you, Lightning, but do you know what kind of shit I had to put up with to groom him into the best heir of this household yet?" Her lips hidden behind the decorated fan couldn't hide the rage reflected in her eyes. "I put up with months of enduring pain just to get him born, then stumble around training him to be the best Magic-user he can be. I realized he didn't inherit my Ice Magic to be like Hakuri, but he had exceptional aptitude for both Fire and Wind Magic and I not only settled for that, but encouraged him through it, and I have to listen to some beast who doesn't know his pla-!"
     "P-please calm down!" Cindy's father stepped in with a timid stance. "You probably shouldn't be yelling at him like this..."
     "You're right. I shouldn't be getting worked up over this nobody..." I definitely felt that kick to the heart. "So I want you to avenge me."
     All three of us collectively yelled, "What!!?"
     "Why are you so perplexed? It's the husband's job to save his wife who is losing face."
     "But, it is kind of your faul-"
     "What!?"
     "N-nothing - sorry..."
     It was incredibly pathetic watching this train wreck. Whenever they were seen on their rare interviews, they were a picture perfect couple. I guess even the rich and powerful have their issues.