Chapter 23: Demonic Fold

Abbadon's Perspective

     "Ahh!"~ The familiar voice sent a small, uncomfortable chill down my back

"Ahh!"~ The familiar voice sent a small, uncomfortable chill down my back. The doorway was just behind me as I walked closer to the voice. "What are you doing in the Fairy Realm, Abbadon..?"

Azmoth

     Azmoth always rubbed me off wrong, but he's quite focused when you give him a job

Azmoth always rubbed me off wrong, but he's quite focused when you give him a job. That - and he is a Devil. I can't ignore that just 'cause we don't see eye to eye.
I don't choose who's in the group, just how I manage them. I somehow was able to keep a lid on most issues, and with his help, we've kept the Fairy Empresses at bay until we finish the Mortals.
"Anyway Abbadon - how's Drev doing? He got injured a while ago didn't he?"
     "That dragon's a big baby. He just wants Garm's attention." My eyes basically rolled all the way around their sockets while saying this. "But I will admit that those World-Classes and their team are powerful considering they defeated a Devil Beast and protected a country's capital..."
     I was deep in thought. I hate to say it, but this might not be as easy as I thought... Obsidian was supposed to be the most troublesome, but he was somehow revived and all the others seem to be hard to deal with as well.
     "Hey!" A fuzzy voice in the background called. "Hey!! You okay!?" Azmoth's black eye was the center of my focus.
     "I'm perfectly fine - now back off!!" I pushed him off of me. Laughter resounded in his underground abode. "How long til you think you can get a grasp on the North and East Forests?"
    "Sorry, the North Empress has a Magic that counters Demonic Energy and the East is just significantly more powerful than the others... but it shouldn't be too much time. Before our invasion plans."
     "Perfect."

Percy's Perspective
     There was no doubt that Jackson was the love of my life. I only felt this way once, and that other person is dead...

Levi

     Levi made me realize I was gay, even at a relatively young age

Levi made me realize I was gay, even at a relatively young age. His bright eyes were only equaled by his true nature. I remember him getting beat up by several bullies when defending my other two friends... that's actually how we first met.
     I realized he could have easily defended himself if he wanted to. I may have been a young swordmaster because of my mom, but he was a Magic prodigy. He could nullify other Magic and even destroy earth from underneath with a touch of his hands.

"Percy." I snapped out of my thoughts. "You okay?"
"Y-yes. Of course." I said dishearteningly.
He went on with his joyous self. Jackson's smile brought me happiness as well. It could be the reason I could go farther.
I thought about what could happen in the future.... Nononono!!! I had to put a stop to those thoughts! Just too embarrassing... guess I still need to mature...

I watched as Jackson ate sweets and other things. He spoke, but it went over my head as I was just thinking about what happened in that dark mansion. Who took me back home? I was trying to see the Demon that wanted me? I wanted to kill them.
My body trembled. The thick, heavy table almost shook with me like an earthquake as heat rose from body and I could feel a vein popping from my forehead. I'll find you next time, and kill you!!

Raibushi's Perspective

"So... when's the plan going to get rolling?"
     "Hmm?" Obsidian had a questioning tone.
     I gleamed my sharp teeth as I spoke, "Come on, you can trust me..."
     The dark wolf hesitated before finally giving me at least a bit of closure. "They have most likely found the Demon Root's precise location and will attack us the moment whatever other plans they have is fulfilled. I suggest you stay ready and protect Japan."
     "Ooooo."~ It was fun seeing him like this. I've known him since he was born and he's mainly been smiles and secrets. "I've never seen you so serious before; can't believe you want me to protect an entire country on my own though..."~ I added a pathetically adorable accent to add some spice to the conversation.
     "It's just a small country and it's not like you're being attacked directly!!! Most likely just a distraction!!" He crossed his arms and pouted. My teeth showed just a bit when I snickered.
     "It's nice to know you haven't changed too much. You've always been pure so I think whatever it is you have planned isn't bad, maybe misplaced though. You shouldn't close people out. You don't seem to understand... if I think you will do something stupid - I will stop you..." A dramatic pause caused Obsidian to open his left eye ever so slightly. I could feel him reading my true meaning.
He slowly closed his eye and retreated from the post-meeting conversation. I hope he stays safe. If he thinks I'll let him do what he wants, I WILL KNOCK HIM OUT.

Percy's Perspective
Time passed. After we ate, I could still only think about how I've changed... the good and the questionable. I think I should.. I think I should stay focused...
"...then there was giant explosion! It was amazing to watch, I have to admit. It was the first time I saw my sister and father training together. But they were moving a bit too fast for me to catch everythin-"
"Jackson," I asserted coldly. He ceased in his tracks. He could tell it was something important. "I want you to stay calm about this, but... I think we should.. take a break."