Chapter 12: Life Troubles 😒☺️

Please vote and comment guys, interaction helps me become a better writer!! 😁 Hope you all have a good week.

Percy's Perspective
"Hey!!! What the heck are you doing!? Jackson!!"
     "Come on! I'm just helping you with your work."
     "It definitely feels like you're doing s-something else..." He was leaning over my shoulder as he was talking, getting his muzzle as close to my face as possible. I couldn't really immerse myself in what he was saying since I was more focused on his brazen approach to this.
"After that, you need to make sure the omega system is used up here and then multiply by the number of nodes it uses."
It's so weird. He always so straightforward and seemingly simple, but he's actually really smart, particularly when it comes to math and science-based subjects. But I hate how we have to do so much freakin work. 😫 He actually seems to enjoy it; to each their own.
His nose went right to mine. "Are you even listening!?"
"Y-yes! Yes, of course I'm listening!" My face turning red after realizing he was so close. "Hmm... fine. Well, after multiplication, you divide the energy used by the area field..."
My mind wandered off again. School, training, family - it all just kinda hurts. I hate that my parents still have a say over what I do even now, but at the same time, am I even ready? I mean, I've lived with my parents until my sophomore year and when I came to SunRain. I just don't know a big life without them - especially considering my condition until I started college.

After my friends died, I had awakened my Magic, but it would just always rain. I always kept a poncho on since it would rain until I collapsed. My parents or another high-level Water-user had to be there to help me, but I never really felt comfortable without my poncho for very long...
But that's why I love Jackson, when I'm with him it just feels like he's my coat from the elements. Dang it!! Now I'm getting all soft.

I turned slightly to see Jacky's face contorted sternly. "You aren't paying attention!" Laughing it off as a tear of joy fell down my face, I noticed his headphones again.

 "You aren't paying attention!" Laughing it off as a tear of joy fell down my face, I noticed his headphones again

It's odd. I always forget about them until he gets really close, and he never takes them off unless going to bed or taking a shower. Are they really his Encoder? Typically, one would release their Encoder when not in use, but he always has it there, even when not needed.
"Hey, what exactly do your headphones do?"
"Wha-" I snatched the object off his head, trying to examine it. "Ahh!! Dang it Percy!!" Shuddering was the only thing I could in the face of this new and volatile reaction before he calmed down and spoke, "Sorry, but please don't take them off so suddenly." He carefully took them back before placing them back on.
I peeped with concern but didn't have in me to reach out. He took my hand and plopped it on his head.
"Don't worry, it's nothing big, but I won't tell you much. You know how I'm actually horrible with Attack Magic!?"
His excitement with that question caught me off guard, stumbling to speak, "Y-yeah."
"Well these babies are going to help with that. Adriya is teaching me how to control them well, once that's done, I'll be amazing!! Just you see.
His confidence and shining disposition were very comforting. Especially since this is getting me out of this assignment. ☺️

Brittany's Perspective

     I was still thinking over my choice with Caleb

I was still thinking over my choice with Caleb. We had talked the last time we went into the Corrupted Forest with everyone. I'm trying to get passed my classes, but it's getting difficult with his proposal from then.

"Well, if you truly love Jackson, why aren't you going for him? Just take him."
     I continued biting my lip to help keep my feelings in check. "Caleb, I don't know what this is about, but Jacky makes his own decisions and loves Percy, I can stay in the background - all I'm good for anyway..."
     "That's noble, but if you can get Percy out of the picture... then Jackson would be way more open to - a change in life."
     "What are you suggesting? Well, if you can get Percy captured by a Devil, you can use that to get what you want."

     Going back to that time was painful, but I knew what must be done. I hate feeling like a backseat driver I'm my own life, so I'm gonna take the reigns. 😈

Jackson's Perspective
     After explaining how sensitive my ears were, Percy seemed to latch onto the relationship with my siblings in the past, not that I hate them or anything, but it's kinda embarrassing for him to know what we did back then...
     I heard that Uncle Rai was coming over from Japan to spend time with my dad. I'm sure he could help me with some of my Magic Control. Obsidian isn't likely to right now since he's the one who closed our opportunity to get into the 'Hunter's Club'. "Man, wish I could see Uncle Rai and not be cooped up in school," I exhaled.
     "Well, guess you won't have to wait!"

Raibushi

     "Woah!! Uncle Rai, how'd you get in here!?"     He gave off one of his signature, hearty laugh

     He gave off one of his signature, hearty laugh. "Wouldn't you like to know."

     Man... I wish I was better at conveying traditionally odd characters... 😫 I'm just gonna have to use Raibushi as a test dummy I guess. 😈 Though I actually like the idea of his character. 🤔 I still am trying to find a balance between young adult problems and more grandiose issues in the story. Like I said before, I'm more of a plot/superpower person than romance. 😅 But I'm trying my best. 😋