Chapter 5c: Trip to Texas Hotel (3) ☺️😈

This is the last chapter of this part. Hopefully it's been fun and interesting up til here. 😁

Obsidian's Perspective
     After slamming my foot in his lungs, I could tell there was change in me at that moment and got really weak. There was that burst of ecstasy that flowed through my veins right before my blow landed. My magic took a huge beating from that though. Dang, this really isn't good.
     And it certainly didn't get better since Noah began charging power for a large-scale magic attack. All the items in the room began to tremor like we're in an earthquake. Is he trying to destroy the entire city!!?
     I was getting ready to try to stop him, but something in my head not only stopped me, but made me change. I was excited. I wanted to fight, and I struggled to stay in control of the demon in my head. But I lost quite a bit of energy before and in this instance, so I had to give in a little.
     Right before I clashed with him, three others stood to stop us. Alabaster and Ollie stopped Noah. However, KeShawn was right behind me.

     I could tell that any quick movement I made would be something I'd regret by The Stress Hunter, so I forced the voice in my head to shut up one last time before lowering my aura

Jackson's Perspective
     Percy and I looked at each other worriedly. "Again, I know it's messed up, but I was thinking maybe I could try to discourage him this way..." I felt pretty sympathetic towards him.
     Percy squatted down to the boy, who was sitting and crying into his hands. "Don't worry, it's not your fault." He said this soothingly while combing the kid's hair with his hand.
     While this is cute and I'm proud to have him as my boyfriend for his kindness and ability in these situations, I couldn't help but be jealous. He's only allowed to do that to me. 😤
     "I know that older brothers are supposed to help protect the younger one, but sometimes they have to do this in their own way without the other's knowledge."
     That line Percy stated struck a chord with me on a deep level, and he even looked back on me, smiling like he won something. I had to jerk away in embarrassment, trying to look cool in front of my junior.

I was thinking about the situation between my brother and I. Is he doing something for me? Is there just something I'm not seeing? What is he doing and what for!!?
Since the boy left our room, I was just struggling to understand what Sid is trying to do.
Percy came and started messing up my hair in a playful manner. I love you. 🥰 He helped me think through my irrationality. I mean, for now, all we know is that he talked to a demon, this doesn't mean that he's planning anything super horrible.
I need to calm down. I thought about the past. How he would teach me math, science, and the arts. Even though I'm horrible at painting, he sat down with me and helped.
The tough times too. He would take everything on by himself so I wouldn't have to. Mom, dad being gone, a couple of my break ups. He's never once truly let me down... Why would that start now..?

When Percy and I walked out to where we decided to meet, we explained the situation to Cindy and Lightning, while Nox and the others were still with the younger brother. After all of them came as well, I asked him a question, "How would you like to hang out with us today!?"
He blushed and looked away while mumbling a 'yes'.
"Okay, well we have a full day planned!!" I looked through our list and the map. We have the Museum of Fairytales, the carnival, Boom Bubble Factory, Beach, and some ice cream and dinner as well!!" 😄
     I could tell he was second guessing his decision, but before he could change his mind, I cut him off saying, "Don't worry about it. Our friend, Tyler, couldn't come and gave us the money for another person, you're perfectly fine.~"
     It looked like he was about to cry but barely held it in. His rapid sniffling reminded me of his brother. "You know - your brother loves you. He just doesn't want you to do anything stupid." I showed him my Hunter License.
     "Can you please tell us where the portable portal is? We won't take it, just report and disable it. It can be a safe memento of your father," at that moment, he just balled, but this time, he was processing what we said and was actually happy. "and remind you of when your brother tried to help you in an... unorthodox way." 😅
     His laughter kept interrupting his sniffing as he finally pulled himself together, "Yeah, let me go get it. And I'd love to go with you guys."

     I'm going to make up with Obsidian. I don't know what he's thinking, but I'm sure it's for a great benefit. 😁

Obsidian's Perspective
"Obsidian," Alabaster walked closer to the table before continuing, "I knew there was something wrong, but something happened twice there." I was confused so I let her speak. "You're going through 'Magic Decay'. You're dying."
Exasperations and distressed stares spotted everywhere. My father stood up in a flash with this news. He didn't move and I could tell he was afraid, didn't know what to do or say. "I couldn't put my finger in the change, but twice, you lost a great amount of Magic without doing much of anything."
"Yeah... but I'm fine. I want to help fight the Demonic Beast in China."
"OBSIDIAN!!" She yelled at me like she would when we were younger, " You need to stop!! You will NOT go!!"
I don't know what happened, but I broke again. "SHUT UP!!! I'm not a kid anymore. You can't tell me what to do like I am one!!" I could feel another chunk of energy just melt away.
"Do you even care..?" She asked this and I was perplexed. "You just admitted to your sister, father, and friends that you're dying, and you don't think about how we feel?"
I tried staying calm, but I just couldn't. "No. I don't. It has nothing to do with you and I'm going." I was able to say it as calmly as possible through my teeth as I shoved my shoulder to push Noah out of the way.
I released a large breath quietly and was dealing with a searing migraine. It was pain that I know I will never forget, and I've been stabbed through with a spear...
With my distraction, the door opened and I bumped into what felt like a mountain of muscle and fur.

Josiah...
     He almost seemed to tower over me as my ears dropped, realizing that he probably overheard the conversation. My heart fluttered crazily I'm a weird mess of fear and - something else...
     "I will fight the monster directly." He volunteered.
     "But I-"
     "You will NOT go." The worst part was that he didn't yell. His voice crumbled any fortitude I had against him as I felt defeated. "There have been 0% of people that go through Magic Decay and survive for more than a few weeks. With your Magic Control, you may last for a maximum of a couple months."
     I thought I could interject, but... "You will stay home until we can figure something." There was nothing I could say. I was utterly destroyed and I didn't have the fuel to retort. I went past him and left with an avalanche of different emotions.

Don't forget, I love theories and talking. What do you think is happening within these three chapters, what is Obsidian's end-goal? I won't tell you, but I may talk about it with you. 😉