Chapter 16: It All Comes Tumbling Down

Jackson's Perspective
     Light hitting my sagging eyes as I arose with only a slight headache from the night before last. I still remember the outcome from last night.
     My brother had to be taken in for collapsing during the match with Crisp; as such, Crisp won through default and was given the Highest-Intercontinental Class, the fifth person to ever reach this height.
     Even in my horrible state, I was still able to call my dad to check in when it happened. Luckily, it doesn't seem to be anything serious, but for Obsidian to be in that type of shape, he must be pushing himself too much again...

     "Percy! Are you making breakfast!?" I waited for a response, but only silence in response. "Percy!? I hope you're not pranking me! You know I could hear your breathing!"
     I got up to wash my face to wake up. After dabbing myself dry with a towel, I grabbed my headphone Encoder and searched the dorm. I can't hear anything... did he go out for groceries? It's possible he left on his own without me knowing since I've been groggy for the last couple of days - but usually he'd leave a note or something...

     At first, I thought nothing of it, I mean he can go where he wants. But after hours of him not coming or answering my calls, I got worried. What the hell is happening!!?
     I tried calling his parents and the others, but no luck. Percy, where are you?

Percy's Perspective
     The inside of a lit up mansion of some sort had me feeling a chill everywhere. I woke up on an immaculate bed. The silky white sheets were very comfortable, but it didn't ease the suspense I was in.

     I snuck through the inside. I didn't know exactly where I was, but seeing the large rooms and the stairs that led down was a large, empty room.

 I didn't know exactly where I was, but seeing the large rooms and the stairs that led down was a large, empty room

     With each step came a new wave of fear. What's going to happen? Will I find who killed my friends? Will I die here?
     All these thoughts rushing in as anticipation was the thing strangling me as it became hard to breathe. Then, that's when I realized... it's not just anticipation. Someone else is here...

Jackson's Perspective
     My dread for the situation worsened as Caleb called all of our friends together for a meeting. None of us seemed to know what was happening and I didn't know what to do.
     Percy wouldn't just leave like this - would he? What if he left me? What if he was taken!? What if he's injured all alone!!? I couldn't restrain my frustration and misery. I HATED not knowing. It's the worse feeling ever, like tendrils squeezing out all options leaving you gasping for air while the light fades...
     Okay - okay, think. Last night, he did seem pretty sad. He finally told me what happened at school for the Head Guardian of the university to escort him here.
     Apparently, right after his friends being killed by a Demon, he awakened his Magic. However, he could never control it well. It always rained around him. He never really had friends after the incident as they thought he was a bad omen.
     Comforting him was the least I could do since people were making fun of his past like that. But even though there was sadness, there seemed to be some sort of conviction in his eyes. The blue hue almost seemed to turn red in his hidden determination.

     I didn't know what his face meant, but I quickly called Obsidian.
     A female voice answered, "Hello?"
     "Adriya? What are you doing there?"
     Looking back, that was a dumb question. "Hmm? Did you forget he moved back in here with me, we made up. Are you okay? You sound anxious.."
     I didn't answer her question and just inserted my own query, "Do you know where Percy is!?"
     "N-no, he hasn't come to my knowledge. Did something happen!!? I'll check with Sid!!"
     I began biting my thumbnail. My heart felt like it was going to be torn out from my chest at any moment. My breathing was uncontrollable, my chest heaving as I already knew the answer Sid would give.
     Even though I knew, I couldn't let even a single clue go left unnoticed. Red seeping from my finger as I began to chew deeper into my nails, not paying attention to what I was doing to myself.
     Brittany held me like a newborn as terror of the endless possibilities stormed through my mind. With her help, I was able to get a slight grip, but the horrible news I was given after caused me to get choked up, "I'm sorry, Jacky. Sid doesn't know either. Do you want us to send a searching party? How long has he been missin-"
     With that incoming question - I hung up. I couldn't think at all as it felt like darkness seeped into my very essence like tar, I couldn't escape, so I just let it swallow me into the abyss.
     Everyone trying to get my attention, trying to help me through, but I couldn't hear anything but my own heart. The thundering bass of my own heart in the background. The only thing from the outside was Brittany's arms around me as I had to grip onto her for a sense of reassurance. Grasping for something that proves I was still there.
     I kept thinking about how I haven't changed. I've tried working, but I'm still a complete mess. I haven't grown at all even when I thought I was progressing.
     The black ooze took me as I thought, Maybe I should stop trying...