Chapter 13.5: Mornings For Everyone

I'm trying to publish every week at around Saturday, so hopefully life doesn't get too much in the way again. 😅 All of you stay safe!!! 😋

Jackson's Perspective
The heftiness of my eyes kept overpowering me to go back to sleep, that is, until this shrill screech scraped through my eardrums. I tried acting like I didn't hear the repetitive alarm - as if that made it not truly exist. Holy crap... I grabbed my headphones and quickly put them on to help with the noise.
     Hearing Percy's groggy voice come through my delusion, "Come on Jacky. We gotta get up." I'm telling you, Mondays are the fucking worse. "Jacky, I know you were up all night on that project, but come on!"
     Having your boyfriend drag you out of bed, yelling about school is not exactly the best thing to wake up to.

     Percy made coffee and quickly got freshened up as it was brewed. Me - still half asleep - in a daze just sitting at the table, hoping to catch a couple Z's. "Come on, we're going to be late!! Drink your coffee and let's go!!"
     He said the one word that got me back in gear. "L-late!!!" I moved so fast, I'm sure using Magic wouldn't do much to change my furious movements. Gulping down the bitter drink and having the aftertaste got me like one of Allie's punches. Rushing to take a quick shower as I brushed my many sharp fangs and had to brush my fur and hair after Purce rapidly dried me off with Magic.

     Seeing the magnificent school up ahead with time to spare, put my aggressively palpitating heart to rest

     Seeing the magnificent school up ahead with time to spare, put my aggressively palpitating heart to rest.l as we ran to our classes.
     "You know, if you didn't have to make your project so 'perfect', you could've taken less than five days to do it and not waste the night before. Then we wouldn't be in this mess!" I could sense the stress in his voice.
     "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry." I gave my best puppy-eyes, which made him melt (and almost fall over). I had to laugh a bit at his blushing cuteness as we continued our crusade through the garden.

Caleb's Percpective
     "Hurry up in there Lucy!!" Damn, it's annoying what it takes to stay clean as a mortal... And children are a freaking pain, I still can't believe I have to deal with this every freaking morning. Not one time is the bathroom not full with children.
A young, high-pitched voice rang from the cluttered bath over the streaming water, "Sorry big bro! Give me a minute please!"
     Well, I just have to wait I guess. I'm going to have to do my report to that kid, William. I was exasperated as to my duties, especially with having to deal with so many children in this life.
     "Conner!!! Give it back!! It's mine!!!" More screaming, like clockwork - these humans.
     "No, yours is the green one. Get your own cup, Less."
All this over a cup!?
     "But I want that one!!!" The younger one rebutted.
     "Okay - okay, what's going on?" I was immediately bombarded with statements all over the place. If there's a god, thank you for the other three brats being in their room quietly for a change. 🙏😭

"Connor took my blue cup!!!"
I heard a hint of disgust hidden within the first word little Conner spoke, "Leslie, took my blue cup when he's supposed to use the green one-"
"No!!! The blue one is mine!!! I don't like gree-"
"Both of you shut up!!!" I just blew up on them like a crashing wave. Hearing them yell was too much for me in the morning. "You!! It doesn't matter what color it is, let Less use the dang cup!!" A triumphant snicker could be heard from the younger the two nuisances. "You too!! You don't need to be making a fuss over it either, especially yelling so much every morning!!"

Percy's Perspective
Well, Basic Combat Class was fun since I actually learned something in there. Something even my mom and Adriya never taught me. To be honest, it's times like these that I find a real purpose to schools. That being said, there was this feeling of looming in the area that I didn't particularly like - as if there was someone or something watching me...

William's Perspective

     Leaning up against a tree, I was making sure to relax and try not to kill all the filth that were frolicking in the sunshine

Leaning up against a tree, I was making sure to relax and try not to kill all the filth that were frolicking in the sunshine. It's disgusting how they are allowed to play in this world. These pathetic mortals took from us with no consequence.
I never understood what Master Bell saw in these mortals. Was it pity, taking the higher ground - does he have a hidden motive? I have no clue - he won't open up to any of us... but even though I know nothing, I will continue to follow him with all of my loyalty.

 but even though I know nothing, I will continue to follow him with all of my loyalty

I saw the one I had put my Tracking Magic in. I'll be able to keep a general watch for a while now that I'm close enough. After carefully reactivating the magic, I needed to do it delicately so as to not rouse suspicion. I noticed how much stronger the pest has gotten from our last meeting.
"Huh. If this pathetic mortal thinks he's strong, he's not. No matter how much he trains, he'll always be a mortal leech that needs to be extracted from this world." Now to find, Dagler - or whatever his name was...

" Now to find, Dagler - or whatever his name was