Chapter 15a: World-Class Problems Not in Paradise

Well - well, it's Christmas Morning for me, what about you guys!!!? I'll wish you guys a Merry Christmas again! 😋 But, to the story, a bit of a tone shift for the next few chapters: this one is an argument, the chapter after this is action, while the one after that has some action then (hopefully) suspense. Then it'll be focused on the story again. 😁

Alabaster's Perspective

     "Why does Obsidian need to do this!!"     The US President seemed happy and even peppy to answer, "Well of course! He's the only World-Class who hasn't been involved in a 'Crowning Event'

     The US President seemed happy and even peppy to answer, "Well of course! He's the only World-Class who hasn't been involved in a 'Crowning Event'. It's only fair he's the one who participates."
"Yeah, but he's not at 100% at the mo-"
A slight chuckle came from Sid. Did I miss the joke?
"Sorry, but I remember you saying that my true strength doesn't come from my Magic Power, escapeially since out of all the World-Class and Highest-Intercontinentals, I'm the weakest in that department."
I hate it when my words come back to bite me. It's true though. Even when his Magic Power is lower than all of us, it's still to a 'World-Class degree'. Despite his high level, he's never mustered any form of Magic attack in any way except for his tattoos. Most people who weren't good at Attack Magic would compensate with their Cypher or Encoder...
"Yeah, you use Creation and Enhancement Magic, and you're a Magister - but you're Magic hasn't been at its best-"
"Don't worry, I've been doing fine latel-"
"You're not fine!!! YOU. ARE. DYING. I don't get why you won't take that seriously!! Do you really not care, or is there something we don't know!!?"
Everyone leaned in on that question, waiting, anticipating when he'd speak. "You act as if those are mutually exclusive things," he shrugs, "Its both."
I couldn't believe what I was hearing! "What the hell is that supposed to mean!!? Why are you being so cryptic, so hidden!!? You've never been so closed off... Why are you doing this!?"
"Umm, maybe this isn't the place to-"
"Shut up dad!!!"
"Ok..." I don't give a damn about other people, all I care about right now is his answer.
"I don't get what you want from me - you want me to tell you everything regardless of my feelings?" I tried to interject, but he continued, "I have things I'd like to keep to myself just like you do. I'm not the same little kid who'd just open up, I have my own things going on."
It dawned on me with that last part. I got it!! How to stop him! He can't participate if he's not able to go. "Does that have something to do with the Demon you were meeting with?"
His posture changed dramatically as his reactive air mellowed to being flustered. All the others were also shocked - shocked enough not to see this coming.
I lounged at my prey with a blade made of light wrapped around my right hand. A shield of darkness was created, his surprise was easily plastered on his face even with his eyes closed.
I struck with a blade from my other hand which caused him to quickly reveal his unnatural eyes. His shaky response was I was hoping for. His Magic Control and fighting ability is dramatically reduced when his mind isn't stable.
He couldn't even react to the empowered kick coming for his ribcage. Duh!! Why would I want to cause a fatal wound with a blade!? What came next was unexpected - Obsidian has stalled me enough for outside interference in this split second as a blue marble of fire was conjured between my younger brother and I.
I had to drag both blades down to block the ensuing attack as the orb became a powerful laser that was reflected through the reinforced ceiling and pushed me back. Obsidian stumbles and fell back as time seemed to speed up again.
My face must've been contorted in a rage never-before-seen 'cause Noah, Hashiro, and even Uncle Rai were completely shaken.

Noah

Hashiro

Hashiro

Raibushi

Raibushi

     "What the hell's wrong with you - dad!?"