Chapter 18: Secret Conspiracy

Obsidian's Perspective
     My father and Alabaster went to comfort my younger brother in his time of need while I asked Adriya to make an investigation team with some Mid-Class Hunters. This is terrible...
     I can't even imagine what Jackson could be going through. Not knowing if who you love is okay or not? Especially with Jacky, he must be freaking out. If he or Adriya disappeared - I wouldn't know what to do with myself either.
     All that said, but I'm currently tied up at the moment... literally...

     My sister had made sure it was difficult to escape with Magic suppressing cuffs on the bed. Huh. This probably looks wrong...
I heard a strange sound and was put on alert until I sensed a particular someone's Magic...

"Yo-" He immediately paused after seeing me strapped down to my own bed. "... did I come at a bad time?"
I quickly responded so as to not being suspicion, "N-no!!" Dang it.. that might've made this a bigger misunderstanding...
"Let me guess, it was Ally and father." 🙄
All I could do was laugh awkwardly at his rolling eyes. "Well, old friend, think you could give me a hand? Then we can talk business."

KeShawn's Perspective

     Pure silence filled the room holding the American Hunter Council, a group that oversaw the country and helped keep tabs on Demons which included the highest-ranked Hunters within America (with Raibushi as a bonus today), the President, as wel...

Pure silence filled the room holding the American Hunter Council, a group that oversaw the country and helped keep tabs on Demons which included the highest-ranked Hunters within America (with Raibushi as a bonus today), the President, as well as the his Cabinet, and there are a couple of honorary members as well.
The silence was getting awkward since most of us were thinking the same thing. I was getting nervous, but I've been alive for over fifty years, so I know how to hide my emotions.
"Well," I started, "this means there's a spy."
Alabaster was the first one to jump up. "What makes you think Obsidian had anything to do with the disappearance!!!?"
Her father and Raibushi tried calming her down. "Why did you think I meant Sid? Did you come to that conclusion?"
I could tell that her magic was swelling in rage as I continued on my thinking, "How would someone with Percy's background be able to get to the Demon Realm? He might be the son of very powerful Hunters, but they never officially became Intercontinental, so they don't have a portal that could get him there, nor one to reference from and reprogram the one we all saw on the footage."

On the video, we all saw the young Percy walking with a blurred individual. None of us could quite make out the person or their exact shape and size. I don't think it could be Sid since the blur would probably be larger than Percy, but if he was able to hide so many things from us, the people with the most connection to him, then what's to say he's not lying about other things?
"He's a Magister focusing on Magic Control as well as a Dark Elemental, he definitely has the means to hide some sort of mind controlling Magic that can even work on Continentals like the Russian Hunter from the incident with that plant Devil." Before little Ally could respond, I added, "Especially with him hiding things."
"I think we should just kill him."
Everyone in the room turned to a certain someone with too big of a mouth.

Lister

     A snicker was heard on the other side of the table

Ryu

Jackson's Perspective     I just couldn't take it anymore

I just couldn't take it anymore. It's so hard having hope when no one knows where he is. "Please God, I'll make sure to get stronger or do whatever it is you want. Just please - please bring Percy back."
My tears wouldn't stop flowing. Staining Percy's pillow, I just gripped the fluffy rectangle while breathing in his scent.
     I don't understand why all these things are happening to me. My mother, the issues with Nox, my brother always doting, and now Percy is gone. All I do is cry and whine by myself. I-

This is the problem... I laughed with tears running down as I wiped up my fur. If I can get out of my comfort zone, maybe I can get over this lump in my life.
     My eyes shine in false courage as I left my room in my dad's house to see all my friends sleeping on the couch and some inflatable beds. Lightning was the first one to react to me being there. His loud voice woke the others up. At least Dad's not here, he probably would have us go through some sort of hellish training.

     We all played cards and some old board games my father kept around. It was nice and lively and it helped me not despair on Percy.
     My mind was still on him, but it did feel a lot better to just have people that care nearby. 😊
I know that somehow, he will come back soon...