Chapter 20: Just Getting Started

Maimon's Perspective

     Walking around this pathetic shack disgusted me to no end

Walking around this pathetic shack disgusted me to no end. At least it looks a lot better inside than from out there.

     I made sure not to wear my cape in here; don't want it to get contaminated by that mortal byproduct's existence

     I made sure not to wear my cape in here; don't want it to get contaminated by that mortal byproduct's existence. Speaking of which...
     "I didn't know you understood Bēlze!!!" The loud mouth's call rang, echoing through this stark well of encapsulating walls.
     Listening in for a bit, I heard how the wild-child apparently likes the scrappy shadow. I didn't even know that creature was capable of 'liking' things other than eating; let alone some ten year-old shadow of a child.
     "Well, well, well." I interjected. "Looks like the three failures of the group have gathered together. Though, there's only two true Demons here anyway."
Belphegor's little snarls were cute, if you get passed him being some lesser-demon spawn.
"Heh!!? I AM a real Demon, thank you very much. And all seven of us are Devils!!! It's kinda a requirement to be a Demon..." I could only sigh at his naivety. The only reason I treat him better than others, is that he's Abbadon's little brother. If not for that, he'd have no redeeming qualities...

Cinderella's Perspective
Antonio is still catching up to me even though I'm using my Wind Magic to boost myself. What the hell!? How can someone on my level using Fire Magic be faster than me..?
     It didn't make sense until I looked back on our match after we first met. And his training with a World-Class. Enchantments...

     'Heh'. I remembered when he hated those with Cyphers, and then we find out he actually has one. It really messes with the way things should work. Cyphers manipulating the Laws of Magic, the only thing worse than that are Magisters, who don't just manipulate a bit, but completely change the game. Even if they are weaker than you, they could still turn the tables by going against the foundations of Magic... Almost unfair.

     With me thinking to myself, I didn't notice my visitor getting way too close and jumping ahead of me.
     "Cindy!" Antonio called. His striped fur glistened in the sun. Some people looked our way, but continued to walk to their destinations as if this happens on the daily. "Why would your parents lie to you about something like this? They can't be as bad as you say!"
     I scoffed at that notion. Like you would know. She's a conniving bitch and my dad lets himself be strung along as if a puppet. HE'S the head of the Crimson Family, why does she care so much!!?
     I just crossed my arms and looked to the side, not wanting to have his judgey face in my vision. I noticed we were on the newly built arcade with some of the older classics. OMG!!! I completely forgot!! 😍
     "Hey, like I said, you never know when it could be the last time you see them... Cancer is a big thing - ya know?"
I pulled a sucker from my purse. Slowly unwrapping it the tantalizing flavor that is 'Water-More Lemon'. The light pink candy had a sharp, sour taste that cut through the soft sweetness. I made sure to savor the taste, having my tongue slither about the treat.
     The big tiger had his fur standing on end from watching my display. His ears folded back as if reeling from uncomfortability.
     The sucker came out with a loud 'POP'. "So, how about this. If you come with me, I'll go check up on them."
     His rounded ears perked up. "R-really!? That's it?" He sounded apprehensive - which is to be expected.
     "Of course, of course."
     "Wouldn't that be kind of... intrusive though? I mean, it's your family business."
     I sighed. Well, duh, you dumb fuck. My business that I don't go, but let's put that on the back burner... "Don't worry. I wouldn't feel comfortable being there without someone I knew, and Lightning is out for his annual trip with his sister."

Maimon's Perspective
     Our conversation became... less than agreeable...
     "I will fucking drown you for eternity inside my own body you piece of shit!!!"
     "Being so close to someone so inferior? No thanks. I'd much rather kill such a waste of darkness."
     "You might be older than any of us, but no one here respects or fucking likes you!!! Maybe you should go steal some personality instead of crusading for gold and the bones of people no one cares about!!!"
     My golden eyes became a dreadful red at hearing those words. "Now listen here you piece of shit!!! Those are MY bones of my past life!!!"
     "Like I said, of someone no one cares about."

     Oof - well - seems like this is getting a bit heated... How will these two end their scuffle and why the heck is Cindy being so cocky with Antonio? Welp, this side plot may be interesting. 😋 Hope you all are doing well, I'm a lot better and will be able to go back to my state (though I won't be driving) tomorrow. Make sure to stay safe you all!!!