Chapter 43

After the night I had last night, I decided to take up Theo's offer and go to his place. The only person I want to see at this particular moment, is Theo. I just want to be in arms, taking in his warmth and comfort.

I pull up to his apartment, jumping out of the car and going up the stairs. I knock on his door, waiting patiently for him to answer. The door slowly open, Theo's sleepy head popping out slowly.

"You came!" He yelled, smiling brightly as he embraced me in a hug, placing a kiss on my lips.

I take another look at Theo, confused as to why he looked so different. It looked like he had something under his eye, almost like makeup or something to cover up something. It looked a shade lighter than his skin, making it stand out slightly.

It was also only on one eye, making it even more noticeable. I go to say something about it but choose not to.

I smile back at him, walking inside and placing my bag down on the ground. He grabs my hand, dragging me down the hallway to his bedroom.

He's changed his room around since the last time I was here. He also got more plants since the last time I was here. His bed and desk had been moved. His bed cover was now black, he had more plants and hanging plants, he had a picture of him and I on his wall and on his bedside table.

It was definitely a lot more crowded, but not in a bad, cluttered sort of way. It gave it more of a homie feel.

"What do you think?" Theo asks me, pointing to the picture of us.

"I love it," I tell him. "I love what you've done with the whole place."

"Thanks," he smile, grabbing my face and placing another kiss on my lips. "I think this is what our place is going to look like when we move out. The whole place will just be filled of pictures of the two of us and plants will be everywhere. There won't be much colour, but a splash of it here and there."

"Sounds likes you've got it all planned out," I laugh slightly, confused as to why Theo was acting like this.

I'm not complaining though of course. I love seeing him this happy and enthusiastic, but it's quite unusual for him to be acting like this. Especially about our future as well.

Since the day I've met him, Theo has never spoken about our future, yet alone his own future. Whenever the topic really gets brought up, he sort of takes a depression turn and talks about how he's never going to have a happy ending.

It's almost refreshing seeing him act like this, it makes me happy, really fucking happy... but it's also worrisome.

"Alright, which movie are we watching?" Theo asks me, laying down on his bed.

"You always choose the best movies," I reply, laying in his arms.

I rest my head on his chest, hugging him tightly. His chest rises and falls with every breath he takes, his heart rate beating slowly. I close my eyes, taking in everything around me. The sound of the movie in the background, the sound of Theo breathing, his heart beat, the smell of his freshly watered plants.

I could stay like this forever. In his arms, whether it's in his room or out in the middle of nowhere. Just as long as I'm with him.

He runs his hand through my hair, playing with it as he watches the movie intensely. I watch as he scrunches his nose slightly and furrows his eyebrows, squinting his eyes as he concentrates on the movie. I look at his right eye, giving it a better look up close.

It looked as though there was something under the make up he had put on. It look as though there was a bruise or a mark there. Maybe he just had really bad eye bags? But why hide it and why only on one eye?"