Chapter 45

I wake up, taking a deep breath in and stretching. I look to my side, a wave of sadness washing over me as I notice Theo isn't there. I sit up, rubbing my face as adjust to the sun outside. I look at the time on my alarm clock; 8:25 am.

I grab my phone, checking to see if I had any messages or missed calls from Theo, which I didn't. I put my phone back down, trying to calm myself down before I work myself up about nothing. I'm sure if Theo was going to go and do something stupid, he would let me know.

After yesterday and after the conversation we had, he would have to. I mean, he wouldn't do that to me. Or at least I don't think he would.

I start pacing around my room, running my hands through my hair as I begin to worry about Theo, thinking about all the scenarios he could've got himself into. I stop myself from pacing around my room, calming myself before going downstairs for breakfast.

I head downstairs, putting a fake smile on my face as I walk into the kitchen, my mom standing over a frypan.

"Morning hun," she says. "How was your night last night?"

She raises her eyebrows slightly as she asks this, smiling. I feel my cheeks burning slightly as I quickly turn around and open the fridge, looking for something to distract myself.

"It wasn't too bad. It was pretty chill actually," I lie slightly.

"So, you didn't have anyone over?" She questions. "That someone being Theo."

"Yeah," I tell her. "He came over last night and stayed the night. He left pretty early though."

"I know," she tells me, smiling. "I caught him on his way out. Lovely boy he is, you should invite him over more often. He also seems to make you really happy, which makes me really happy."

I smile awkwardly, wanting the subject to change from Theo and I. Even though I tell my mom everything and I love having these sorts of conversations with her, they still make me extremely uncomfortable, especially this early in the morning.

"Anyways, I better get going. I promised Theo I would go to his house to," I choke up a bit, trying to think of a convincing lie, "help him rearrange his room."

"Well your father is out of town and I'm taking a night shift, so I'll probably see you tomorrow." She informs me.

I give her a hug goodbye, kissing her cheek, before grabbing my keys and leaving.

I don't even know if Theo's going to be home, but I'm assuming that if he didn't come back to mine, he would of gone home. Either that or he's still doing whatever business he had to take care of.

I pull into the parking lot, my heart sinking when I see Theo's car was no where in sight. I get out, approaching his door and knock on it. I don't get surprised when no one answers me.

I pull out my phone, calling him, only for it to ring out and go to voice mail. I try again, my heart now racing as I walk around in circles, running my hand through my hair.

I pocket my phone again, running back to the car and getting in. I think of all the places he could be right now. My mind instantly goes to my place.

He's probably gone back to mine, hoping I was there, realised I wasn't and is now waiting for me to get back. I start the car back up, heading back home, already knowing what I was going to go home to.

I pull up into the driveway, getting out of the car and running inside. I go straight upstairs to my room, looking around for Theo, expecting to find my room empty. I run back down stairs, bumping into my mom on the way down.